WTB Patio plus asking for advice

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Chuckmo

WTB Patio plus asking for advice

Post by Chuckmo »

Not seeing a lot of these on this board so figured I'd try this.

Finally got enough gold together to grab up a big house. Not looking for any location that will demand a premium price. I'll also go large brick if available but prefer a patio.

Is it generally ok to do business on this board with people I come into contact with? I see a lot of brokers who look extremely trustworthy and I'd love to do business with any of them I but also a lot of random people trading who vocally commit here on this board. Are the people who's names I keep seeing making multiple deals available to middleman purchases if I don't see a name I recognize looking to sell me a patio?

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: WTB Patio plus asking for advice

Post by Fireball »

I ran into this problem recently. I don't know why it is. Perhaps because a Patio house is so popular.

I was also concerned about doing a deal with strangers but I eventually found and bought a Tower and all went smoothly. You can check the reputation of people by clicking on their rep title.

From what I gather, if you scam someone on a house here you will likely get banned so this is why the deal is posted here on the board. When you go to do the deal, run the packet recorder in Razor and this will provide evidence of foul deeds.

I am sure someone will confirm or deny this but it should also be posted in the rules somewhere so have a look there.

Good luck

Fireball
Guildmaster, BiH
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

there are alot of people willing and offering brokering services. with the amount of them around there is usually always 1 or 2 online at any time. they do not charge you and have major good rep to support their trustworthyness.

a few of these guys are: ashborn, guardianknight, rammar, pirul, azheman, onslaught, Eo, Tumble, Roadkill and some more i am probally forgetting hehe. In fact all of these guys are so rich most brokeringdeals the money is pretty much nothing to them anyway.
You can always ask in IRC or here on the forum if anyone you are going to trade with is trustworthy or not as trader or as broker. If you do not feel comfortble with a big trade ask about the people involved and get a broker.

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Wil

Post by Wil »

Chuckmo wrote:Finally got enough gold together to grab up a big house. Not looking for any location that will demand a premium price. I'll also go large brick if available but prefer a patio.
For a house larger than small but smaller than a tower, expect to pay around deed + L + 2 small this month. In theory that should slowly rise as we move towards winter.
Chuckmo wrote: Is it generally ok to do business on this board with people I come into contact with? I see a lot of brokers who look extremely trustworthy and I'd love to do business with any of them I but also a lot of random people trading who vocally commit here on this board. Are the people who's names I keep seeing making multiple deals available to middleman purchases if I don't see a name I recognize looking to sell me a patio?
Click on user rep and see what it looks like. Someone with lots of plusses and zero or nearly zero minuses will tend not to scam you.

Just to make sure, post the terms to the message thread where you buy the house and ask them to post their concurrence first. Then record a razor packet video of the whole transaction. The admins have promised a forum ban to anyone who scams under those circumstances.

For what it's worth, my formula goes like this:

1. Check out the seller's rep. In principle you can buy from someone with lots of apparently earned negatives by using a broker, but I figure it isn't worth it. Broker or no broker, they can pull a pot-kettle-black and trash you up and down the forums.

2. Bid. Win.

3. Discuss terms of transfer via PM. Then post terms on the forum and agree.

Having selected a reputable seller, my offered terms generally have me hand over the deeds first, then accept ownership of the house. I was super nervous about this the first time, but if you've selected a reputable seller then don't sweat it: it'll work out.

4. Meet at the house with deeds at first level in the backpack. House deeds are newbied so even if some red shows up and kills you, you won't lose them as long as they're directly in the backpack, not in a bag inside.

5. Start a razor packet video. Razor actually records the packets to and from the server making them much smaller and slightly more credible than an AVI.

6. Ask the seller to make me co-owner to demonstrate that he owns it. Safe for him (trivially revokable) and only the owner can do it. Click on the sign and verify that I'm shown as a co-owner.

7. We go inside. An accidentally dropped deed will persist a little longer inside a house than out on the ground.

8. I drop the deeds on the seller, opening a trade window. Razor doesn't record this quite right, so after all the deeds are in the trade window I ask the sell to state concurrence that he sees the specific deeds he should in the trade window before I click accept.

9. Click accept. Trade window goes away and deeds do not reappear in my pack.

10. The seller transfers ownership of the house to me. Keys appear in my pack.

11. Stop recording razor. Go on the forums, post something nice about the seller and, if you have enough posts to +1 him, do that too.

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

One thing to add to Wil's list is to turn on your scavenger option and put gold in the list of things to scavenge. This way if any gold is dropped it will pick it up for you and put it in your backpack. (ie deed +10K gold). Also it will pick up any regs that have spawned in your travels.
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando

Chuckmo

Post by Chuckmo »

Wow thanks for all the good advice. I really appreciate it. I just bid on one of Elk Eater's homes just yesterday. It's an L-shape so not what I wanted exactly but they seem to be in higher supply.

Unless anyone thinks otherwise, I intend to fully hand over the deeds to him. I've seen his name a bit.

Return to “Housing”