pages not being answred Razor problem

Topics related to Second Age
systran

Re: pages not being answred Razor problem

Post by systran »

Download and installed it yesterday on my windows 7 x64 box. No issues.. Also runs fine on my Windows 8 x64 box. Sounds like you have an OS issue you need to resolve.

pskarren

Post by pskarren »

are you connecting with razor?

systran

Post by systran »

yep.

Johnnylittle

Post by Johnnylittle »

you said it used to work, try installing an older version of razor

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I had to reinstall UO today on my main PC. Used the UOSA client, and the razor I already had installed. Worked fine. Windows 7.

There are a few Razor connectivity questions on the Ask.UOSA website. Might be worth checking out.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

pskarren

Post by pskarren »

http://ask.uosecondage.com/questions/41 ... ing-client

lots of these questions on the forums same problem i am having. you cant tell me i the only one having this problem. if he don't mind losing players then he can keep not fixing it

my latest thing i trying it deleting registry entries of uo and razor and i will try this one last time with nothing on my computer. after this i give up.

pskarren

Post by pskarren »

im done dealing with this

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

pskarren wrote:im done dealing with this
MIxed feelings about this rude POS - Interested to see how his charming demeanor fits in with the crowd and almost guarantee some lols, but reading these posts.... I can't understand why anyone is helping him.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

First and foremost, your pages in-game about Razor issues are an inappropriate use of our resources. The in-game page is for in-game issues, and while Razor is used to connect to the game, it is not part of the game, and should not make use of the page system.

Second, your accusatory tone, and belligerent posts that imply that it is our responsibility to fix all client related problems and to do it when demanded are not welcome. While we may offer our help with the client, and share some of the responsibility for maintaining some things, by your own admission things worked correctly and then stopped working. You then imply that a re-installation of both Razor and the client did not help the issue, which suggests that the problem does not lie with the client or Razor (which isn't even our program), but may lie elsewhere. Beyond that, you've had a lot of help suggested in this thread from the community, and a good effort has been made to resolve your problem.

At this point, we cannot be expected to solve your problem, and your tone does not instill a desire to continue working on it. On that note, you may check our archived FAQ for client issues to see if what you're experiencing matches anything in there, and try any of the recorded solutions. However, don't expect any earnest attempts to assist you in the future.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

pskarren

Post by pskarren »

wow only took 3 days to get a response.

It is a client problem i just downloaded immortals client and I do not have the problem their. If you look at your own question and answer thread you see many people also have this problem. i have 3 computers none of them can run this client. I posted screenshots of my settings. It only took you 3 days to answer thanks for that.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Your entire post is a sea of blatant lies and accusatory behavior. You will not be needing any help with Razor, as you will not be playing here. You are not welcome.
pskarren wrote:wow only took 3 days to get a response.
No, it didn't take 3 days to get a response. Here's your first page at 3AM EST today:
[03:30] -SecondAge: New Page #13 [Other] from "GrizzLy Adams"@(1454, 1733, 0): i cant use razor
[03:30] <@SecondAge> There are 1 couns pages in queue.
[03:34] <@SecondAge> Page canceled by user logout. (GrizzLy Adams)
You proceed to page in again two times, receiving a response at 8:47 EST:
[08:37] -SecondAge: New Page #1 [Other] from "Smithy"@(1149, 1859, 0): cant use razor ur cant ask questions on fourm it thinks im spam
[08:38] <@SecondAge> There are 1 couns pages in queue.
[08:42] <@SecondAge> There are 1 couns pages in queue.
[08:46] <@SecondAge> There are 1 couns pages in queue.
[08:46] <@SecondAge> Page #1 from Smithy being handled.
[08:47] <@SecondAge> #1: tells "Smithy": Do you receive an error message when trying to connect to Second Age via Razor?
Over the next 20 minutes you have a conversation with our staff member regarding this issue, and in the middle of troubleshooting you decide to log off:
[09:10] <@SecondAge> #1: tells "Smithy": Are you currently running Razor as an Administrator on your system? Did you check the Ask site that I linked you in my last reply, for possible solutions?
[09:10] <@SecondAge> Page canceled by user logout. (Smithy)
[09:10] <@SecondAge> The page queue is now empty.
So no, you haven't waited for 3 days, and my reply certainly isn't the first time you spoke with our staff. Your pretentious attitude only makes things worse.
pskarren wrote:It is a client problem i just downloaded immortals client and I do not have the problem their.
To test your theory, I downloaded the newest razor installation, and our own client setup from our website on a stock Windows 7 installation with .net 4.0 installed. The installation went smoothly, and the client ran without any issues. Your claims regarding where the issue resides are flat out wrong.
pskarren wrote:If you look at your own question and answer thread you see many people also have this problem. i have 3 computers none of them can run this client. I posted screenshots of my settings.
Yes, others have had this problem in the past. However, it is clear that the issue is not with the client itself. Others have attempted to help you troubleshoot your problem and you have ignored many of these suggestions from posters, including my previous post that linked some possible solutions, and another very good suggestion to re-install .net 4.0. Despite this, you continue to berate those that are helping you in the middle of doing so, and demand immediate fixes to your problem while throwing out gems like this:
pskarren wrote:if he don't mind losing players then he can keep not fixing it
Well, if not fixing a problem that is clearly out of our control will lose us players, then so be it. In your case, it has already happened.
pskarren wrote:It only took you 3 days to answer thanks for that.
Goodbye.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Gork

Post by Gork »

Kaivan,

You are a blessing for the server. Your concise handling of raging knuckleheads is nothing short of amazing. You provide fact and logic that quickly stymies the trolls that try to bring the server down with ridiculous claims. So, I'd like to say thank you for your stalwart effort and your unmatched patience with the unyielding hoards of trolls that post on here.

-Gork

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Kaivan R MA NW HIRO!

WHam Bam .... Thaaaank you ma'm !

Can I get an AmmmmEn!

roflmao!