HACKS??? lies

This is the place for Screenshots and Razor Packet Video Uploads 15MB max on RPV's
Forum rules
Please if you haven't, make an account on myUOSA: http://my.uosecondage.com and Submit some pics!
You can also associate images with your character pages there.
TwoTon

HACKS??? lies

Post by TwoTon »

all the tree "hack" is , is that someone replaced the animation for trees with stumps as well as rock animation with stumps as well, in the animation file of UO...... i also have this setup that way so i can run through the woods much easier... other then that anyone can do it its not a hack its simply replacing files within uo....

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: HACKS??? lies

Post by Wise »

Yea, same here, it really reduces lag i notice, and you dont get stuck on trees as much, its quite nice actually :D but its just a modified map.mul file
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

oh noes, dragon hax!!

Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Oh rly? Like with the trees, can you still chop them if you target the stumps? And what else can I replace to reduce lag? Like stuff that's jus there to look "pretty", like flowers, or rocks you can run over, can those be replaced or deleted?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I don't think trees being removed reduces lag, considering the file is on your computer and not on a server somewhere (hence why it's not a hack, but a client mod) Considering trees are not animated, turning them into stumps wouldn't matter much for hardware/software performance. Gameplay performance? Definitely.

They can still be chopped as stumps from what I know
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Would it be possible for some one to put out a quick noob guide how to do the tree hack?