Small deed if anyone can fix this computer problem.

Topics related to Second Age
Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Small deed if anyone can fix this computer problem.

Post by Menkaure »

Montier, I didn't read your other post yet but in reply to your one saying about trading in game items for our of game things.... Completely inaccurate.

I'm asking about a computer problem, which, if you go look at the technical difficulties thread, many people DO ask questions about why something won't work or how to increase performance. I'm just offering a small deed as a thank you for the advice. It has to do WITH in game issues so technically I'm asking advice for THIS game and in return I'm offering a small deed as a thank you. So what's the difference between what I'm doing and say someone offering gold for advice on how to create a macro? It all has to do with uosa, therefore, completely legal and also completely common. Read down this very thread and you'll see drusk offered gold for answers to issues he was having as well.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Dijja look at your houses cached yet?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

keelonzo wrote:Dijja look at your houses cached yet?

Havnet had a chance too. I will be home tonight and Im going to try a few of things posted here. Hopefully, this will help my performance, thanks for all the answers.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Menkaure wrote:
keelonzo wrote:Dijja look at your houses cached yet?

Havnet had a chance too. I will be home tonight and Im going to try a few of things posted here. Hopefully, this will help my performance, thanks for all the answers.

Any luck? .... I seemed to replicate the problem by caching too little houses on my client - hopefully your setting will reflect the same.

shotty

Post by shotty »

Menkaure wrote:Ok, so heres my issue.
I have a bit of lag, but its not your normal type of lag. I ping at around 30-37 average. My lag, is almost a system lag, like a computer lag. But it gets weirder. Lets say Im dueling someone on horse, well, that person will skip around the screen, even if they are just WALKING/TROTTING on their horse. So even tho on my screen Im right beside them, a split second later, it will show them 10 yards away. Its getting annoying in the field, and even more annoying when Im on my thief trying to snoop a bag or on my pk and the guy Im killing always will out run me.
I cant figure it out. I bought a brand new power supply, brand new video card. My computer is only 4-5 years old. My processor is a AMD(tm) 7750 Dual-Core Processor 2.71 GHz and 4.00 GB of RAM. Its a 64 bit operating system.
My connection is cable modem and I am 100% sure its not my connection. Also, my system has been drafgged, Im using up 228GB out of 298 GB on my C drive, so I still have about 1/4 the memory left, doubt that would hurt it like this, especially since UO is such an old game. Also, one last thing, when I walk by a tower, or a house that has a TON of stuff in it, I become so slow its like Im walking through thick mud. Again, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I had the same issue- make sure you follow these settings for your Razor client/Windows shortcuts.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Razor