Tower Eaves

Topics related to Second Age
Harrison

Tower Eaves

Post by Harrison »

What are the current house placement rules regarding tower eaves?

Do houses have to be 5 spaces in front or behind them? Can they be over trees or water?

I have read patch notes pointing out that at certain times in the past you could place small houses under tower eaves but other details about them are harder to find.

Bixby Legbone

Re: Tower Eaves

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Harrison wrote:What are the current house placement rules regarding tower eaves?

Do houses have to be 5 spaces in front or behind them? Can they be over trees or water?

I have read patch notes pointing out that at certain times in the past you could place small houses under tower eaves but other details about them are harder to find.

Yes regarding the houses 5 tiles in front of in back of eves. I don't believe they can be over trees, but perhaps they can be over some forms of water (think those small 1-2 tile ponds in the jungles).

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

6 front 5 back 24 wide 14 deep

wings can go over trees, obviously building can't

wings can be at the waters end (last tile before water so you can fish from the roof) but not over the water
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Vega wrote:6 front 5 back
How about just 5 tiles between any house edges (including stairs) either front or back? A tower will never be 6 in front, it will always either be 5 or 7, depending if you're in front of the stairs or not.

Also keep in mind that the foundation and stairs themselves need to be able to be freely walked around, so no placing directly adjacent to a large hill or tree, even if the wing can go over them.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I say 6 because when most people count "5 tiles from another house" they consider it the front of the steps to be 5 tiles away. I'm simply adding the +1 tile of tower steps to make it 6.

So yes, it's 5 tiles front... but it's 7 tiles total to the building
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.