How does pet orneriness actually work?

Topics related to Second Age
Harrison

How does pet orneriness actually work?

Post by Harrison »

Can someone enlighten me on how pet orneriness checks work because the formula 80% of "tameable at skill" plus 20% of animal lore skill seems to omit other factors.

For instance at 100 animal taming and 0 lore I should be able to control a frenzied ostard (77.1 minimum skill to tame) but in practice the creature only responds to some commands and not others.

Going by the formula one should never require more than 100 taming and 80 lore to control any creature. Is this correct?

Bixby Legbone

Re: How does pet orneriness actually work?

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Harrison wrote:Can someone enlighten me on how pet orneriness checks work because the formula 80% of "tameable at skill" plus 20% of animal lore skill seems to omit other factors.

For instance at 100 animal taming and 0 lore I should be able to control a frenzied ostard (77.1 minimum skill to tame) but in practice the creature only responds to some commands and not others.

Going by the formula one should never require more than 100 taming and 80 lore to control any creature. Is this correct?
Another factor your missed is pet happiness. If you don't feed them properly, they get increasingly ornery and are much more likely to refuse your commands.