Getting friends to join

Topics related to Second Age
Sparafucile

Getting friends to join

Post by Sparafucile »

The most fun I had in UO was playing with RL friends. I'd like to get some of my friends to join, but seeing as none of my current adult friends have ever played UO, I'm finding it to be a tough sell. :oops:

Two of my friends actively play PC games and one is into Eve Online, and I think they'd make ideal SA players, but I fear the dated graphics make UO a bit intimidating for the uninitiated.

Are there any links or videos that explain UO to those who might be unfamiliar with it? For those that have had luck getting friends to join, would you care to share your success stories? How did you "sell" the game?

Bixby Legbone

Re: Getting friends to join

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Sparafucile wrote:The most fun I had in UO was playing with RL friends. I'd like to get some of my friends to join, but seeing as none of my current adult friends have ever played UO, I'm finding it to be a tough sell. :oops:

Two of my friends actively play PC games and one is into Eve Online, and I think they'd make ideal SA players, but I fear the dated graphics make UO a bit intimidating for the uninitiated.

Are there any links or videos that explain UO to those who might be unfamiliar with it? For those that have had luck getting friends to join, would you care to share your success stories? How did you "sell" the game?

One of the most unique features of UO is private home ownership. Add to that, the fact that on this shard houses can be looted. There is more risk here than any game I know of.

I'm sure there are plenty of videos on youtube that can provide a starting point. However, I doubt any MMO player knows the feeling that comes with being able to own and control multiple dragons.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Yeah I can attest there is no rush like stealthing past your mark. Or running from a PK with 10k in your pack. Have them experience this and they will be hooked.

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abbynormal »

Sparafucile wrote:, but seeing as none of my current adult friends have ever played UO
Time for new friends.

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

If they're into pvp show them the TG gets owned youtube video. The URL button will take you to my channel.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com