afk mining

Topics related to Second Age
nevermind

afk mining

Post by nevermind »

this might be splitting hairs but im wanting to macro mining skill and im wondering if i build a macro that throws the ore on the ground as i mine and i never pick it up again would that be considered afk resource gathering
irc axejunkie

The oOo

Re: afk mining

Post by The oOo »

Most likely, who's to say you don't have a partner coming along after you and collecting...not saying you do but it's how others might perceive it ya know?

Someone posted a similar question about fishing..if they loaded their pack up to the limit so anything fished up would not go to the pack, the general consensus seemed to be a resounding NOT ALLOWED.

FYI...to gm mining faster, use multiple shovels and make a macro like this...

I used 5 shovels...points come fast...

Dblclick shovel 1, Waitfortraget, target ground/mtn next to you. Set to relative target
pause 800ms [.80s]
repeat for shovel #2, 3, 4 etc...

relative target only works in the direction you set it to initially...ie; if the mtn is on your left it will only mine to your left side...
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Not allowed. <- That's a link, click on it
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

first off i just want say i had no intention of collecting them in any way . that said thx for the info and +1 to both of u
irc axejunkie

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

if you make a macro for mining that is completely automated, youll be surprised at how fast you actually gm. it might be fast enough that you can actually be at the keyboard. when i made my macro, i think it took like 5-6 hours just to get from 90-100.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Missy B wrote:if you make a macro for mining that is completely automated, youll be surprised at how fast you actually gm. it might be fast enough that you can actually be at the keyboard. when i made my macro, i think it took like 5-6 hours just to get from 90-100.
You Better be at your keyboard....
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

They usually jail you for it. I don't think you can talk your way out of it using technicalities.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

GuardianKnight wrote:They usually jail you for it. I don't think you can talk your way out of it using technicalities.
thanks for the vote of confidence G K and it has been 23 years since i was jailed. rude is just rude jail my ass
irc axejunkie

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

nevermind wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:They usually jail you for it. I don't think you can talk your way out of it using technicalities.
thanks for the vote of confidence G K and it has been 23 years since i was jailed. rude is just rude jail my ass

wut
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abbynormal »

I'll concur with The oOo. You can't do what you're planning, but you can make macros that definitely expedite the mining process. I use 1 shovel and 1 pickaxe at the same time. My macro looks like this:

Double click shovel (when recording macro, double click shovel. When done recording, go into the macro and right click this line and select Dclick by type)
Wait for target
Target RelLoc(1,0) (When recording macro, select a spot next to you and use the same spot for your pickaxe. When done recording, right click this line and select relative location)
pause 1.0sec
Double click pickaxe
wait for target
Target RelLoc(1,0)
Pause 1.0sec
IF sysmsg = "There is no metal here to mine"
Exec -> Stop current macro
End if

So I have 4 macros like this, each targeting different relative locations (Up, Down, Left, Right). Once you hit the macro on a spot with ore, you just push it once, and it will mine the spot till empty. Once macro stops, move along to next ore spot, hit the corresponding direction macro. Hope this helps.

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

YEP definitely a WUT moment GK , just got home and answered 30 or so emails i forgot to change character
and thx for the macro Abbynormal
irc axejunkie

montier

Post by montier »

This makes me wonder.. What about this scenario..

I have an almost automated miner, and I have a second char running back and forth smelting.. I am there playing seeing both screens.. I am at the keyboard.. what do you guys think?

BTW.. I have NEVER done this.. the conversation made me think of it

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

montier wrote:This makes me wonder.. What about this scenario..

I have an almost automated miner, and I have a second char running back and forth smelting.. I am there playing seeing both screens.. I am at the keyboard.. what do you guys think?

BTW.. I have NEVER done this.. the conversation made me think of it
you can do this as long as you can see the miner working.

Wil

Post by Wil »

montier wrote:I have an almost automated miner, and I have a second char running back and forth smelting.. I am there playing seeing both screens.. I am at the keyboard.. what do you guys think?
As I understand it, the way it works is this:

You're gathering.
Braden pops up and says hello.
You have a few seconds to respond in a way which lets him know you're actually there.
If you don't respond, you're thrown in jail.

So, if you can promptly notice, respond to and carry on a conversation then you're not AFK. If you can't, you're breaking the rules and will be jailed.

Abbynormal wrote:Double click shovel
Double click pickaxe
Superspeed miner! Nice! That's *so* much faster than using just shovels.