NotShearing
WatchAndSee
IShearWhenHere
OnlyWhenHere
NoRulebreakerMe

Andersonius

Re: A Shepherd's Plea

Post by Andersonius »

Plea to not kill you and or your sheep while in your house?

Wil

Post by Wil »

Plea to stay out of jail for being AFK while standing near shorn sheep.

Enforcement of the no afk gathering rule is kinda an interesting question in the shepherd's case. Show up 10 minutes after sheep were sheared and they won't have regrown yet. But you can't know whether the player was afk 10 minutes ago; that moment has past and you weren't there. And you can't know whether there's a razor macro counting down to another shearing, and if there is how much longer the count will last.

You want to bust the cheater because too-easily adding money to the game creates an inflationary pressure that throws player to player sales all out of whack and makes the game very discouraging for new players. But you don't want to grief the guy who set a skill macro to interact with the sheep (prevent them from vanishing) when he went to bed for the night. And you can't expect a GM to keep an eagle-eye out for the next bit of wool that might or might not vanish from a sheep's back. What do you do?

While pondering this question, a rhyme occurred to me. So I shared it.

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

I don't think you would at all get banned for just being by there. What they would more than likely do is wait to see if you are A)AFK and B) are sheering while infact AFK

No GM is running around ban happy here, they are actually quite fair.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Andersonius wrote:I don't think you would at all get banned for just being by there. What they would more than likely do is wait to see if you are A)AFK and B) are sheering while infact AFK

No GM is running around ban happy here, they are actually quite fair.
RIP - Nevermore

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'd rather have a Shepherd's Pie.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.