Server Population

Topics related to Second Age
Demetrius

Server Population

Post by Demetrius »

Is it m imagination or has the server population dipped again?
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando

montier

Re: Server Population

Post by montier »

its summer.. people go outside, get drunk, find pretty and not so pretty ladies

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

Seems that the population has been steadily declining over the last few months
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Demetrius wrote:Seems that the population has been steadily declining over the last few months
Happens every year around this time. At least it did back before I quit two years ago
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Pac

Post by Pac »

Lots of folks in denial around here. The so-called "summer decline" of players has never been anywhere near the scale that's going on here since March or so.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Why cry over spilt milk?
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Pac wrote:Lots of folks in denial around here. The so-called "summer decline" of players has never been anywhere near the scale that's going on here since March or so.
Still see over 500 online count on the website which is better than before I quit and it was rare to ever see 400-450
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Stromverbrauch

Post by Stromverbrauch »

Menkaure wrote:
Pac wrote:Lots of folks in denial around here. The so-called "summer decline" of players has never been anywhere near the scale that's going on here since March or so.
Still see over 500 online count on the website which is better than before I quit and it was rare to ever see 400-450
I wouldn't take so much out of these numbers since they are easily inflated and only show the clients connected and not the unique IPs. A few people with 2-3 accounts logged in at the same time make this statistic pretty useless for the ingame population experience.

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

yea it peaked in the 750 range around jan/feb eh fk em but it is true though, around summer it gets quiet. until july madness.
this game is like nerd crack they will be back and on the pipe before you know it haha.

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

Stromverbrauch wrote:
Menkaure wrote:
I wouldn't take so much out of these numbers since they are easily inflated and only show the clients connected and not the unique IPs. A few people with 2-3 accounts logged in at the same time make this statistic pretty useless for the ingame population experience.
Multi-accounting is nowhere near as prevalent here as people think it is. If you want proof of that, run !status in the irc channel during peak hours. At a typical connection count of 500 users, there are 350+ unique IP addresses. By that definition, far less than half are multi-clienting, and even less than that are running 3 clients at once.

Thats not to say there isn't inflation of numbers; there certainly is -- its just not as severe as people make it out to be.
Valorite: The metal with mettle.