Report for Murder gump

Topics related to Second Age
nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Report for Murder gump

Post by nubnub »

Does anyone know how long the gump for reporting murder remains active? In comparison, the resurrection gump will become inactive after a period of time, meaning if a resurrection is successful the 'do you wish to resurrect’ gump appears and after a certain period of time the yes/no selection is inactive (user chooses 'yes' to resurrect but action has timed-out thus the user is not resurrected). Does this same time-out activity occur for reporting a murder? After a certain period of time the user can select 'yes' to report the murder but the murder is not actually reported? If that is true, does anyone know the timeframe before the report gump becomes inactive?

Bixby Legbone

Re: Report for Murder gump

Post by Bixby Legbone »

nubnub wrote:Does anyone know how long the gump for reporting murder remains active? In comparison, the resurrection gump will become inactive after a period of time, meaning if a resurrection is successful the 'do you wish to resurrect’ gump appears and after a certain period of time the yes/no selection is inactive (user chooses 'yes' to resurrect but action has timed-out thus the user is not resurrected). Does this same time-out activity occur for reporting a murder? After a certain period of time the user can select 'yes' to report the murder but the murder is not actually reported? If that is true, does anyone know the timeframe before the report gump becomes inactive?
I'm not aware of any time-limit associated between the murder gump appearing and a time limit to make a choice. I have been pked while macroing, come back one hour or more later and if I choose to report the murder; I have always gotten the message in my journal log that I reported the murder.

On the other hand, there are ways of pking a person that makes it so the person who died never receives the gump in the first place.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Murder gumps never become inactive. Not only that, you can leave the gump open indefinitely and report the murder hours or even days later, and of course, even after rezzing. They will last through server saves. However, you will only get one gump per player, so if a player kills you multiple times while you already have a gump up for him, you can only count him once.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Good information... Thanks!