a quick (hopyfully) question about multi-clienting.

Moderator: Support Moderators

PillPuller

a quick (hopyfully) question about multi-clienting.

Post by PillPuller »

everything works fine from home.. (i use razor) but on my laptop at work we go through a firewall VPN connection etc. the only thing i can use at work is a program that tunnels through the firewall (SocksCap) and i had to chop up the login.cfg file to point to uosecondage.com:2593....

*keep in mind i am unable to use razor*

when I try to open a second instance of UO it says "another instance of uo is already running"

i remember back in the day there was a program called like multi-uo to remove the one client limit from the executable. also uorice removed the encryption. any suggestions?

i am running the raw client.exe. i am not going through and kind of patch server or razor...uogateway etc.
AIM : Progn0sis

PillPuller

Re: a quick (hopyfully) question about multi-clienting.

Post by PillPuller »

update...i've tried ya_muU! but my client version is patched too far for it to work

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

UO2 was the old program for doing this. I don't have a copy of it, not sure if it would work with the modern client or not.

On the PC that won't run razor, is the .NEt 1.1 framework from Microsoft installed on that PC?

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Ya man. It is kind of a complicated tedious task. I have been asking in multiple forums about this (Running Razor AND UO through this firewalled work connection) for years now with no resolution. Zippy himself could not create a response. What it ultimately comes down to is Zippy needs to add a feature within Razor that allows clients to define proxy settings and connect through it. Just to get the client.exe to work I have to tunnel it through SocksCap (a program that lets me run things through it to bypas work's firewall / proxy).

UO and Razor both run fine and function normally when I am using my home connection.

As far as the Multi-client I know I could get it to work if I removed and reinstalled UO and cancelled patching before 6.0.1.* but it just seems not worth it to do that. Anyways not a big issue I will tough it out.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I know EUO isn't permitted here but I think you can use it to launch multiple clients (and then close EUO before logging into your acct/the shard)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Return to “New Player Help”