Somewhat sudden drop in users?

Topics related to Second Age
rezon

Somewhat sudden drop in users?

Post by rezon »

It seems like a month or so ago the number of users online was 700+ in the evenings/weekends, but the last couple of weeks it has been down to mid/low 500s. Seems like a pretty sudden and drastic difference in numbers. Any ideas on where everybody went, or what caused this exodus?
Catskills 1999-2002 - [T9C] , [COM]

Capitalist

Re: Somewhat sudden drop in users?

Post by Capitalist »

Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

There is a definite pattern to rise and falls of population. You'd have to look at.the trends to see if this one is unusual.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Maybe with luck that'll mean the price of property will go down some.

3xDeed is witin my grasp now :mrgreen:
but 4-7xDeed arent :shock:

I *will* get a brick or patio one day... I know I will... :?

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Francois424 wrote:Maybe with luck that'll mean the price of property will go down some.

3xDeed is witin my grasp now :mrgreen:
but 4-7xDeed arent :shock:

I *will* get a brick or patio one day... I know I will... :?

I'll sell you a patio for 25x deed.

All you have to do is gaze into my eyes and tell me how much you love me.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

rezon wrote:It seems like a month or so ago the number of users online was 700+ in the evenings/weekends, but the last couple of weeks it has been down to mid/low 500s. Seems like a pretty sudden and drastic difference in numbers. Any ideas on where everybody went, or what caused this exodus?
People in school/university might have a lot of exams now right before summer. Could be one reason.
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Just got out of school and mentally, I feel like I can't waste any time. I honestly have nothing to do, but everything seems to be a waste for some reason. School ruins you.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I already mentioned this in another thread, but let me explain. This happens every year from what I remember. summer causes the populaiton to go down a great deal, and then in fall/winter it rises again.
The reason is because most of the people who play this server are NOT young kids. Most of us are 21 or older. A LOT of us (like me) are late 20s, with family, or girlfriends etc; Therefore, when summer hits for us older folk, we go outside and do things with our friends and families.
Most of us old folk who played this game back in the OSI days (1997-2001ish) were young during that time, and we had our "summers of UO" in. We ignored our friends, became vampires and just played UO 24/7 (I did this one summer and it was actually alot of fun :D) Anyways, because we are older now, we just cant do that anymore, and usually significant others and/or kids want to go out and play or have fun.
So, with that being said the population will decrease during summer months.
This is a great time to buy real estate, and go IDOC'ing.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

3x deed for 200 players :P

This happens every year as everyone said :)

Its the time for idocer`s