A Question About Carpentry Wares

Topics related to Second Age
Cousteau Calypso

A Question About Carpentry Wares

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

I have a craftsman in the making that I was wanting to set up a vendor with. His Carpentry skill is nearly GM now and I was wondering what carpentry items sell well on a vendor
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~

Orion GM B^D

Re: A Question About Carpentry Wares

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Cousteau Calypso wrote:I have a craftsman in the making that I was wanting to set up a vendor with. His Carpentry skill is nearly GM now and I was wondering what carpentry items sell well on a vendor
IMO it would be best to go ahead and run a skill set like the one I use

Carpentry:100.0
Tinkering:100.0
Blacksmithy:80.2
Magery:76.0
Tailoring:75.8

That way you can make all the add-on deeds. Even if you dont end up doing a vendor,
its a good char to have among the 15. Tinkering doesnt take an ass load of ingots, 20-25k. Though it
will take an ass load to get to 80 Blacksmithing. Tailoring isnt hard and not to costly. The magery isnt bad
either to 75.

You will over time get a good return for the cost of making this type char.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I am guessing tables and house add-ons, maybe chests.

Problem is that it is really easy to make a gm carpenter or at the very least raise skills high enough to make all of those.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Cousteau Calypso

Orion GM B^D wrote: Carpentry:100.0
I had a similar build in mind. I just replaced tailoring with fletching as I have a tailor in the making as well. I dont think his skill is too high to just abandon him and rethink my craftsman's build. Or I could keep my dedicated tailor and just build my craftsman with just enough tailoring for those add-ons. What does tailoring open up as far as add-ons go? And what about fletching? Is that worth keeping cus hes in the 50's
WiseOne wrote: Problem is that it is really easy to make a gm carpenter or at the very least raise skills high enough to make all of those.
Ya thats true, Wise. There are alot of vendors out there thas sell all these add-ons. Oh well. There's alot of everything else too. I'll just try to do it better. Advertising, marketing, customer service, etc. Maintaining a client base :)

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Cousteau Calypso wrote:
Orion GM B^D wrote: Carpentry:100.0
I had a similar build in mind. I just replaced tailoring with fletching as I have a tailor in the making as well. I dont think his skill is too high to just abandon him and rethink my craftsman's build. Or I could keep my dedicated tailor and just build my craftsman with just enough tailoring for those add-ons. What does tailoring open up as far as add-ons go? And what about fletching? Is that worth keeping cus hes in the 50's
WiseOne wrote: Problem is that it is really easy to make a gm carpenter or at the very least raise skills high enough to make all of those.
Ya thats true, Wise. There are alot of vendors out there thas sell all these add-ons. Oh well. There's alot of everything else too. I'll just try to do it better. Advertising, marketing, customer service, etc. Maintaining a client base :)
If your staring from scratch, I would start with the most expensive skills at 50, of course. I'm not sure about fletching, havent built one of them. I dont believe it [fletching] has anything to do with crafting items like add-ons.
With tailoring as a carp, you are able to make looms/spinning wheels/beds/water trough.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors

Cousteau Calypso

Right on thanks for the info guys. Prolly gonna drop fletching for tailor

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

Appease the rich folk by stocking high volumes of carpentry wares. I absolutely dreaded having to go from vendor to vendor buying out the items I needed. Eventually I found a carpenter that was willing to make me bulk goods, 125 of each item, and solved my dilemma. That is the only way I see carpentry will make money. Nickle and dimming at a vendor is not worth it.

pm_lamont

Post by pm_lamont »

Cousteau Calypso wrote:I have a craftsman in the making that I was wanting to set up a vendor with. His Carpentry skill is nearly GM now and I was wondering what carpentry items sell well on a vendor

I dont think anyone really answered your question, but here it is...I was the carp vendor at yew bank mall for a few years. During that time I made quite a lot of money off of my carp/add-on vendor. The trick to making money at carp vendor is having diversity of product, but ratios in favor of the items you will sell the most of. That said here is the list of items I sold, and how many would be produced of each item type:

Small Tables 25
Large Chests 25
Writing Tables 7
Yew Tables 6
Bookshelves 5
Maple Armoire 10
Cherry Armoire 10
Chairs 8
Thrones 10
Benches 19
Large Maple Tables 10

It is VITAL that you restock a few times a day, have a macro to build tables and dump them into a specific chest, so that you can easily restock quickly and then return and run the macro again for example. If you do this, people will start to refer to your shop more and more. Everyone can make these items, but everyone is too lazy.

I dont think I have any records left from the daily profits, just some of the stock levels, but I can project a few numbers for you to let you know what you can expect as a profit.

Once you generate traffic at the store, which is the hardest part to stay on top of your product stock levels when they are often not bought out. Once it is though, heres what you can expect from a regular carp vendor selling the above items in that. Memory serves, Large chests were the top seller. Small tables in 2nd, and benches in 3rd. Large tables and thrones after that, and finally the slower items(the rest). The only reason there is a higher number of them, is A, to reduce the amount of times Id have to make a trip to restock that item type, and B when people did buy them, they either bought 1, or all of them.

Small Tables 25 * 100 sell out 1x-3x a day at peak 2500 * 2 = 2500/day
Large Chests 25 * 200 sell out 1x-3x a day 5000/day
Writing Tables 7 * 150 sell out 1x a month at 1050/30 = 35/day
Yew Tables 6 *200 sell out every 2 days 1200/2 = 600/day
Bookshelves 5 *200 sell out every 2 weeks 1000/14 = 71/day
Maple Armoire 10 *250 sell sparatically. trap guys pick up sometimes
Cherry Armoire 10 *250 sell sparatically. trap guys pick up sometimes
Chairs 8 *150 sell out every 2 days 1200/2 = 600/day
Thrones 10 *225 sell out every 3 days(at almost any price btw)
2250/3 = 750/day
Benches 19 *175 sell out 1x day 3325/day
Large Maple Tables 10 *200 sell out once a week 2000/7 285/day

So around 13k a day...which sounds about right...I remember doing around 15k a day on average

These are peak numbers of an established vendor at yew bank from what I can remember about how much I charged, and also how often I restocked. It was such a routine I still remember it. Also keep in mind also that these are peak numbers. sometimes I would do more than that like tables there were days when I could simply stand there building them and they would never fill the vendor, or sometimes a lot less depending on what was going on in the world...when houses are being placed and a lot of houses are changing hands, you make a ton off of addons and carp items. As you can see in the projections there is some decent money to be made doing this, even if you buy the lumber, which saves a TON of time if youre busy IRL.

Downs

Post by Downs »

I do furniture at yew bank mall now. GM tink chests, tables, and benches are my top seller. I sell cheapish, but you can almost name any price and move furniture
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Don't you need 75.0 Tailoring, and 75.0 Magery ?
Why the extra points then ? Any particular Reason ?

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Francois424 wrote:
Don't you need 75.0 Tailoring, and 75.0 Magery ?
Why the extra points then ? Any particular Reason ?
If you are referring to whole point magery and .8 on tailoring, then it was just a matter
of not stopping the macro I was running on those skills, right at 75 each. This char never leaves
my house and so need to be exact. One day I may GM them up.
Trinny Stone Vendors

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Ok, thanks for the clarification !
:lol: