pasku1

thif question

Post by pasku1 »

can i steal during combat?
and a macro like this
use stealing
wait for target
target by type (mandrake)

works???without snooping, so without targeting victim's reagents ...
thx

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: thif question

Post by Nystal »

Target by type needs to be able to see what its pointing at, in theory it will try to steal from the floor or your own backpack.
So no, this will not work.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

yes you can steal during combat.
and nystul nailed it with the target by type not working well- also there are two types of last target so you need to remember that. Last target in game options and last target via razor. So- let's say you snoop someone, you then use the set last target hotkey via razor and target something in your victim's backpack. Now the victim has moved far enough away that his pack closed to you, if you run by him and use the skill stealing and last target via UO client (in game options) it'll attempt to steal that item. I think it sorta works the same for last target via razor but i've had problems and sometimes had to reopen their pack before able to use the razor last target. or maybe not /shrugs

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Loathed wrote:yes you can steal during combat.
and nystul nailed it with the target by type not working well- also there are two types of last target so you need to remember that. Last target in game options and last target via razor. So- let's say you snoop someone, you then use the set last target hotkey via razor and target something in your victim's backpack. Now the victim has moved far enough away that his pack closed to you, if you run by him and use the skill stealing and last target via UO client (in game options) it'll attempt to steal that item. I think it sorta works the same for last target via razor but i've had problems and sometimes had to reopen their pack before able to use the razor last target. or maybe not /shrugs
If you use razor's last target, you need to turn off the range check option.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

Elk Eater wrote:
Loathed wrote:yes you can steal during combat.
If you use razor's last target, you need to turn off the range check option.

nice- thx