Abyzmal Duel League (Official Rules & Sign Up Post)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Capitalist

Re: Abyzmal Duel League (Official Rules & Sign Up Post)

Post by Capitalist »

Lambo, I can only fight late thursday/any time friday/sat/sun - let me know
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Orion GM B^D wrote:When Reaver and I fought, the 1st fight went on for some time. I did run out of regs and said so as we were fighting.
Reaver tired to back off me, but I did do down. After I was rez'd, I was allowed to restock and go onto next fight. Neither
Reaver or the ref [liinniejj] said anything about it. I have to say, I just glanced at the rules and didn't realize
that restocking was a no-no.

I did end up dying in both fights, so I didn't gain an advantage, but if I would have gained 2 points, I certainly would
be asking Reaver for his position and having a rematch if warranted.

Personally, I don't care if someone wants to restock, cause to me, its about the fight. We all know that these fights can go
on for a long ass time and its understandable that someone will run out. For that fight, I had 120 of each reg and
thought that would be enough.

I will however, be loaded for my next so this isn't an issue.
Lin did mention it, but as I wanted the fight to go ahead anyway I said that I'd happily allow it.
Who wants to win by default? :)
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

yep i did discuss the case with nystal but nystal wanted to keep fighting so on his wish i have let it go let orion restock :). mind you i willnever allow it mid fight but between fights i will ask the other dueler if he is ok or wants to stick to the rule and win for the opponent being out of stock.

I aproved of nystals not wanting to win by default but keep fighting :)

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

xynosis

Post by xynosis »

It's too late to sign up I am sure... but if more room opens up or another league opens, here is my contact info.

IRC: Xynosis
In game name: Xynosis
PM: Xynosis

I am also interested in being a referee, however I will no be on much in the summer. Fall/Winter I am free.

Cheers all!
so... how do I edit my signature again???
-Xynosis

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

liinniejj wrote:yep i did discuss the case with nystal but nystal wanted to keep fighting so on his wish i have let it go let orion restock :). mind you i willnever allow it mid fight but between fights i will ask the other dueler if he is ok or wants to stick to the rule and win for the opponent being out of stock.

I guess I can't really speak for Abyz but the no restocking rule should only apply to individual duels, not the entire best of 3 scenario.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Freight Elevator wrote:
liinniejj wrote:yep i did discuss the case with nystal but nystal wanted to keep fighting so on his wish i have let it go let orion restock :). mind you i willnever allow it mid fight but between fights i will ask the other dueler if he is ok or wants to stick to the rule and win for the opponent being out of stock.

I guess I can't really speak for Abyz but the no restocking rule should only apply to individual duels, not the entire best of 3 scenario.

Abyz said your allowed to restock between rounds, just not mid duel. Heck, when I fight Ohm, I mini heal so much Im out of regs by the 2nd fight, so its kind of necessary to be able to restock between rounds.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

mind you in when i allowed it orion already died before restockign so was between fight however at the time the original rule id not specify between fight/mid fights :)

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

farnk

Post by farnk »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:
farnk wrote:
i don't want to sound like a sore loser or anything but if rules are not followed i will start bringing dragons to the fight and para spamming.. naw, actually you could just count me out of the league.

that is all,

farnk r champ
LOL

I've dueled you twice and both times you were legit mad at the end

Happy to redo the fight if necessary
you got extremely lucky as i whiffed over 3 kill shots in the first fight, after you had already broken the rules. and ofc the 2nd fight was a huge fluke, and there is no denying that. 2 40+ hally hits in a row. that was the luckiest anyone's ever got against me on this server.

i don't care if we re do the fights or not, i'll leave that up to you and abyz to figure out.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

farnk wrote:
[Uhh] Eo wrote:
farnk wrote:
i don't want to sound like a sore loser or anything but if rules are not followed i will start bringing dragons to the fight and para spamming.. naw, actually you could just count me out of the league.

that is all,

farnk r champ
LOL

I've dueled you twice and both times you were legit mad at the end

Happy to redo the fight if necessary
you got extremely lucky as i whiffed over 3 kill shots in the first fight, after you had already broken the rules. and ofc the 2nd fight was a huge fluke, and there is no denying that. 2 40+ hally hits in a row. that was the luckiest anyone's ever got against me on this server.

i don't care if we re do the fights or not, i'll leave that up to you and abyz to figure out.

Explain that to me, why is I whiff every kill shot hally whack but when I fight certain opponents, they continously get the whacks they need. I swear I have the worst UO luck.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

farnk

Post by farnk »

^
that's just it, the majority of this pvp/dueling is about luck.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Just like gambling. Nobody gambles for a living because it's all based on luck.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really