Can someone please explain the Real and CAP buttons skills

Moderator: Support Moderators

HardActToFollow

Can someone please explain the Real and CAP buttons skills

Post by HardActToFollow »

I am guessing Real - 0 thru 100 for your skill without str/dex/int attributes added onto it but when crafting (according to macro guides and wiki) are you baseing it off REAL or the other skillpoints?

Also what does the CAP button do?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Can someone please explain the Real and CAP buttons skills

Post by Hemperor »

HardActToFollow wrote:I am guessing Real - 0 thru 100 for your skill without str/dex/int attributes added onto it but when crafting (according to macro guides and wiki) are you baseing it off REAL or the other skillpoints?

Also what does the CAP button do?
I base it off the value, I'm pretty sure that even all gains follow it. Real simply means where you are at with the cap, and eventually the value slows down for the real to catch up.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

The REAL button shows your actual skills (before you click Show Real, you're seeing your Skills after stat modifications) Not all skills have stats that modify them. An example of some that don't... Resist, Hiding, Tactics, Detect Hidden, Meditation. Example of some that do... Magery, Combat skills, Crafting, Stealing, Lockpicking.

The CAP button was added when Power Scrolls were added. That shows your max skill cap per skill (so it's useless here, since skills are capped at 100.0, you can't get 105, 110, 115, or 120 scrolls here)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

HardActToFollow

Post by HardActToFollow »

so lets say it takes 50 to create an item and my REAL is 45 but the after the stat mod its 52, can I make the item?

I am refering to guides on the forum. IE they say at 85 make something I am not sure if they are refering to real or not.

Return to “New Player Help”