Stealing items in NPC chest/boxes/Barrels

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RickyM

Stealing items in NPC chest/boxes/Barrels

Post by RickyM »

I remember back in the day stealing weapons from the vesper guard tower, this did a skill check and you were killed if caught by npc's

i am almost certain this was in t2a, one of the things i looked for when i started my char so i could get some free gear on a thief, started in brit ran to vesper just to be sad.. lol

would be great if this was added.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stealing items in NPC chest/boxes/Barrels

Post by Nystal »

RickyM wrote:I remember back in the day stealing weapons from the vesper guard tower, this did a skill check and you were killed if caught by npc's

i am almost certain this was in t2a, one of the things i looked for when i started my char so i could get some free gear on a thief, started in brit ran to vesper just to be sad.. lol

would be great if this was added.
You can already steal from certain vendor chests all around the shard, however it is not a guard whackable offense and in fact several rares and semi rares are acquired through these means.

An example chest would be the Silver Chest in the North Brit Blacksmith.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

GeistSR

Post by GeistSR »

A lot of the weapons are too heavy to actually steal though, which begs the question why they're even in there.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Wasn't gwhacking for this stuff implemented with UO:R? Seems like something OSI would do