UOSA forum PVP competition! OMGBBQ

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

UOSA forum PVP competition! OMGBBQ

Post by MatronDeWinter »

How to play:
The UOSA Forum PVP Contest consists of a series of battles among the various users on these forums. You first select a player, then, using their most commonly known alias, do an "advanced search" on the forums (be sure to click "search for any terms" in the search options). Note the "Search found XXX matches" value that is returned. Then, navigate to the players forum profile, and note their total post count and current "reputation". Post a picture of their current forum avatar as well. Now take a look at their "Most Active Forum". If their most active forum is "Trash Talk" indicate such. Now list their "total posts" count. Finally, click "search users posts", and use the last non-quoted thing they have said, as their "battle cry", and then place a "gold bet" for your entry. Otherwise, mark "no" in the template below.

You should now have something similar to the following example:

chumbucket
Search: 1618
Total Posts: 4461
Trash Talk: No
Battle Cry: "I think Wise quit a long time ago."
Gold Bet: 1446 gp

---------------------------------------------------------

This information will be used with a series of statistical functions and a random number generator (in game dice) to determine the outcome of "pvp" battles. I will hold this event in-game at a later date (for prizes of course), provided enough "participants" enter.

Now some rules (Which I may change at any time)

You MAY enter yourself, or some other player who has not yet been entered, but you may only enter ONE person.

I expect every participant to be familiar with my "rules of UO".

If the name of the person is a common-use word, and 4 of the last 10 search results produced for their name show it being used in a context NOT referring to said player, then you must use a different alias (that is commonly thought to refer to said player), or choose someone else.

You MAY NOT choose a staff member, or a member of BPD.

Lightshade, SexySmithy, and Radical Larry, count as 1 person. If you choose "this" person, you must pick one of the names to use and the others cannot be played.

If you edit your "entry" post, even once, you are disqualified.

You CAN enter the "gold bet" as any number from 0 to as much as you can afford.. Keep in mind that when the event starts, you WILL be required to hand over this amount. Do not expect to get it back (but I will not keep it either, it will be used in the event).
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Wed May 08, 2013 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: UOSA forum PVP competition! OMGBBQ

Post by MatronDeWinter »

This post reserved for the event results and winners information.

Vermilion Coyote

Post by Vermilion Coyote »

Questions:

Can we pick someone who is no-longer active on the fourms?

What time will the ingame event be, will it be weekday or weekend? I don't want to hog a player if I can't come to the ingame event.

What are some criteria for a good player to pick/is it just random? If trash talk is their most posted forum is this a good or a bad thing?

Is this like a pokemon type monster battle?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Vermilion Coyote wrote:Questions:

Can we pick someone who is no-longer active on the fourms?
Yes

What time will the ingame event be, will it be weekday or weekend? I don't want to hog a player if I can't come to the ingame event.
I'm not sure yet. But you won't have to be present to win.

What are some criteria for a good player to pick/is it just random? If trash talk is their most posted forum is this a good or a bad thing?
I don't want to talk too much about that.

Is this like a pokemon type monster battle?
Yes

Return to “Player Run Events”