housing ques

Topics related to Second Age
freakystuff25

housing ques

Post by freakystuff25 »

Hi,
I am new to owning a house in secondage. Two ques:

(1) Any more place to place a small? Can you please advise on some available spots by PM so I can search around? I have zero house.
(2) In the trading forum, when people name their price as "deed + 10k", do they mean the vendor purchase price of 43000 + 10k = 53k, or do they want a different deed from you plus 10k?
(3) If there is no available spots for a new house, what should I be aware of to not be scammed when buying from a player? Use a bank check? What does his deed say when I click on it?

Thanks.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: housing ques

Post by Budner »

1) There are empty spots for smalls. I'd suggest walking the coastline of the mainland, you'll likely find one pretty quick.

2) Deed + 10k means an actual deed (small is 43,800 I believe) to 10k in cash, so around 54k total purchase price. So you would hand over a small deed and 10k in cash, and they would transfer ownership of the house to you.

3) There are no bank checks on this shard, so people use housing deeds for large transactions, since deeds are blessed. If you buy a house, to be safe buy from someone on this forum who's been around for a while (check their reputation and any history of selling homes and items). You CAN get scammed by someone on this forum, but it's much less likely than just doing a transaction in-game totally outside of this forum. Good luck!

Downs

Post by Downs »

if you need help finding a small spot, people will help you find one. if im on when you're looking, ill help ya. Don't pay to have someone show you a small or place a small though. plenty of people will do it for free
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Also note that house deeds 1) decay very quickly if placed on the ground/floor and 2) cannot be looted from your corpse UNLESS they are in a container, in which case they're freely lootable (so keep deeds in your main backpack and even if you die you won't lose the deed since it's blessed).

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I think deeds are not newbied on reds. Though I am not 100% sure.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

freakystuff25

Post by freakystuff25 »

Thanks all!
I'll take the advise to look around.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Boondock_Saint wrote:I think deeds are not newbied on reds. Though I am not 100% sure.
That's my understanding as well.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

House deeds are newbied, not blessed. Newbied items don't remain with a red upon death.

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

There are at least 4 open small spots in Windemere woods that I am aware of, at least they were open last night when I logged around 9p CST.