i guess i am confused... (magery)

Moderator: Support Moderators

PillPuller

i guess i am confused... (magery)

Post by PillPuller »

if magery does nothing in town aside from 1 hp damage what good is a tank mage for an all-around character? ive always done most of my fighting in town (PERMA "PK") i guess i just don't understand.. if someone can clarify the versatility of a mage here please enlighten me.

also back when i played in 97-2000ish archery was bomb! my fav skill. i understand modern advances in technology (broad band) have made it a little bit obsolete but is it any good here or no?.

Thanks..
AIM : Progn0sis

PillPuller

Re: i guess i am confused... (magery)

Post by PillPuller »

does anyone have a clue here??

Faust

Post by Faust »

No magic damage in town was patched in the early days of Ultima Online in '97. This is one of the key reasons why most fights occurred in dungeons beyond the guard limits. Most dexers would hug the towns for this very reason too. Magic damage wasn't turned back on until a litlte before the faction system for obvious reasons.

Archery was nerfed to hell during the t2a era. This is the main reason it wasn't any good. It has it's positive aspects, but the negative obviously over does the positive.

The positive aspects of archery is the range capacity and the fact that the combat timer cools down even while moving unlike with melee weapons.

The negative aspects are a bit larger. You have to stop for 1 second to allow the missile to shoot. If you move this reset that timer and will be required to happen once you stop to shoot again. After shooting the ranged weapon the damage occurs 1 second after it's been shot. This means there is no insta hit like melee weapons. The worst aspect of range weapons is the long equip delay that occurs when your weapon isn't ready to shoot.

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Thanks for clarifying.

Return to “New Player Help”