Guildstone in house

Topics related to Second Age
Drogan

Guildstone in house

Post by Drogan »

I recently purchased a house from someone. When i purchased the house, i was informed of an inactive guildstone in one of the rooms. I have tried to axe it apart, unlock it, ban it.. everything... it can not be removed by any means available to me. I paged a GM but have been waiting for 4.5 hours today, and 2 hours last night. Am i going about this the right way? I can't redeed the house, or move a new guildstone there with that stone still there. Thanks!

Pirul

Re: Guildstone in house

Post by Pirul »

Have you tried having the owner char double clicking on it? Otherwise, send a PM to a GM over IRC with the coordinates of the stone in x,y form (you can get the coords by typing "-where" in game).

If all else fails AND you're positive the house can go back down on the same spot, redeed the house, double click the stone, and place the house again.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Drogan

Post by Drogan »

i have tried to redeed the house, and it said i couldn't do it with the stone inside. I looked up the guild, and there is only 1 character in it. The previous owner of the house didn't own the stone either.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

...and dbl clicking on the stone?

I know decayed houses that had guildstones, if you dbl click the guildstone on the ground it disappears. I have also removed stones from houses I bought, just can't remember how right now. Might have been with GM assistance.

Drogan

Post by Drogan »

yeah.. double clicking the stone just tells me that I am not a part of that guild.. so.. is there a particular GM i'm suppose to send a message to in IRC?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Derrick, Kaivan and Braden seem to be the most available at the moment. If you see Yoda on IRC he can help too.

Drogan

Post by Drogan »

Thank you Pirul.. someone came and removed the stone for me! +1 for all your help and advice

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Just so everyone's aware, we will move guild stones from houses that have been purchased so long as the guild master hasn't been on in a while, or they refuse to move the stone on their own. In the event that the guild stone owner has been around recently, check up on the guild through my.uosecondage.com and use the forums or IRC to try and contact them.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Drogan

Post by Drogan »

thank you Kaivan! much appreciated