Yew orc fort: a count-free warzone

Topics related to Second Age
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Yew orc fort: a count-free warzone

Post by son »

Don't mind me, I am just a problem solver not a problem generator.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

1vs1

Post by 1vs1 »

Kaivan wrote:
1vs1 wrote:
Kaivan wrote:Quoting Siege Perilous as the justification for this is not a valid point. We aren't replicating that specific server, and mixing in those mechanics would drive us further from accuracy, regardless of whether you based it on Siege Perilous accuracy, or on the other 17 or so servers. Beyond that, you point out that the Shadowclan orcs aren't like the Bloodrock orcs, and that they are simply a "zerg" guild. If we accept this point as true, then I refer to the point in my last post: the special mechanics for defending the fort were given specifically to support RP events and behavior. If Shadowclan isn't intent on doing that, and simply wants the privilege because of playing a specific role, then it simply won't happen.
I wasn't even pushing for them to have a war zone on this server to begin with; you're the one who replied to me and asked me for my opinion. I'm not going to write an essay and go over this with you point-by-point explaining my viewpoint - I'm not even a freaking orc.

I really think that they'd just be better off leaving or finding a different shard to go do their thing, because it's not going to work here. They're probably going to stick around for a bit and that's not my problem, but they're going to learn that it's not going to work out for them the hard way.
Right now I'm not sure whether you're conscious of the fact that you're making two separate arguments. The first, which is for a count-free zone for the orcs to defend their fort with is what you referred to when you said the following:
1vs1 wrote:Considering that orcs usually suck for the most part and they're going to be dead 99% of the time anyway, I don't think that stat loss is going to encourage them to stick around for very long. This isn't like Bloodrock, it's more of a zerg guild that is lots of fun to kill.
My reply to that argument is that they should not be rewarded with special privileges simply because they show up, and that they are given with a specific intent of supporting an RP environment. I also made this very clear in my first reply in this thread.

Your other argument, which is for a count-free zone for everyone is the exact question that I for justification on when I said the following:
Kaivan wrote:What justifiable reason is there for creating an war zone for everyone to attack others in without impunity as a result of the Shadowclan existing?
Your reply to that argument amounted to: because Siege, and I gave a very direct and very clear response to that:
Kaivan wrote:Quoting Siege Perilous as the justification for this is not a valid point. We aren't replicating that specific server, and mixing in those mechanics would drive us further from accuracy, regardless of whether you based it on Siege Perilous accuracy, or on the other 17 or so servers.
There is nothing obtuse about what I said. I was addressing your two interleaved arguments, and making a distinction between why there is no justification for a count-free zone for everyone, and why a count-free zone for the orcs is not going to happen at this time.
That's nice, but I don't wanna debate it.

Pac

Post by Pac »

1vs1 wrote:
That's nice, but I don't wanna debate it.
bye then

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

They are not established enough to make this whole topic viable.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

We're going to tough it out with existing rules, try to become more prevalent on this server, and hopefully in time earn the right to do this. Nothing great ever came easily....

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Velgamog wrote:We're going to tough it out with existing rules, try to become more prevalent on this server, and hopefully in time earn the right to do this. Nothing great ever came easily....
Good man (or woman).
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Ron_Swanson

Post by Ron_Swanson »

Velmog hit it on the nose. Now do as Arnold would say in Kindergarten Cop, "STOP WHINING!!!"
Your Neighborhood Bro

Kinja

Post by Kinja »

son wrote:
Velgamog wrote:We're going to tough it out with existing rules, try to become more prevalent on this server, and hopefully in time earn the right to do this. Nothing great ever came easily....
Good man (or woman).
Orc.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠