Unattended Reg buying

Topics related to Second Age
tenduil

Unattended Reg buying

Post by tenduil »

I continue to encounter players recalling around to mage shops and buying up all the regs with characters that are clearly unattended.

Is this 'legal'? And if so, should it be?

It seems quite similar to unattended resource gathering.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Unattended Reg buying

Post by Francois424 »

So that's why I'm having such a hard time finding reagents ?

Was wondering... :shock:

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

lol. Well getting regs can sometimes be a pain but let me be clear I'm not whining about that. This unattended reg buying though is just annoying.. you see them recall in, walk around aimlessly (ie: not towards a vendor) while spamming vendor buy then recall out to next mage shop. Attemping to talk to them obviously results in no response.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Completly Legal although doing it AFK probably isnt era accurate but then again that could be said about alot of things
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

devildjinn

Post by devildjinn »

it should be like unattended resource gathering because well, its collecting a resource unattended. Being new here, im being held to ransom buying regs. i shouldn't have to pay 4-5k per 500 reagent type.
why is it not illegal here?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Not illegal. AFK spending money to get something is not the same as AFK spending nothing to get something. For further information please feel free to read any of the two threads linked below.

10 Pages worth of discussion started Nov. 2011
4 Pages worth of discussion started Nov. 2012

You were still a couple of months short if you wanted a lengthy discussion.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Charon

Post by Charon »

Free regs imo, train a junk character up with fencing and get a dp'd blade...if you see them around they will return, just be ready to pounce so the poison works its magic before they recall...

devildjinn

Post by devildjinn »

ok i have read all that, cant say i agree but there ya go.
perhaps another new player guide needs written up? simply put, make a macro to buy mass regs, and sell for 5x the price. rinse and repeat. result.

Durham

Post by Durham »

Who needs reagents anyways

The Radical Larry

Post by The Radical Larry »

Whereas I fear the automatons may replace me someday in my business dealings...I do see that this non-interactive approach to business is rather lucrative.

Regardless, the laws of the land are the laws of the land. If interaction with the game is not required, then that is the way it shall be.

Tom

Post by Tom »

It is pretty easy to kill them. Find out their pattern and when they get to the shop you are watching have a char stand on their rune at the bank and then just kill them with an off screen 50/50, pots or poison and watch as their dumb primitive EUO/Razor script tries to recall over and over to a blocked spot.

Some of the other scripters have a bit more complexity in their scripts though and they will go to alternate spots if its blocked. Those just have to be dealt with using timing and plenty of pot hucking alts.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

devildjinn wrote:it should be like unattended resource gathering because well, its collecting a resource unattended.
Well said. Sometimes the most simple logic is the most compelling. Totally agree that this is inconsistent policy. Don't care much that macro'd reg-buying is occurring, but the inconsistency is pretty obvious IMO.

You can finesse your way around the issue, but it's unattended, and it's gathering resources.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Pirul wrote:Not illegal. AFK spending money to get something is not the same as AFK spending nothing to get something.
Budner wrote:
devildjinn wrote:it should be like unattended resource gathering because well, its collecting a resource unattended.
Well said. Sometimes the most simple logic is the most compelling. Totally agree that this is inconsistent policy. Don't care much that macro'd reg-buying is occurring, but the inconsistency is pretty obvious IMO.
You can finesse your way around the issue, but it's unattended, and it's gathering resources.
Like Pirul is saying, its the [buying] part that is the difference.
devildjinn wrote:ok i have read all that, cant say i agree but there ya go.
perhaps another new player guide needs written up? simply put, make a macro to buy mass regs, and sell for 5x the price. rinse and repeat. result.
If you are paying 5x the price, stop your getting ripped off! If you are going to try and sell at 5x, you wont get that much over. There are plenty of players that sell 1.5-2.0 over. Also if you time it right, you can beat them to the buying in the first place. I generally don't have an issue getting what I need of any resource. Whether collecting it myself or buying it.
For example: I have a couple of tinkers [GM], carpenter GM w/ 90 blacksmithing and I haven't spent a minute mining or lumberjacking.
Adapt and overcome!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Plenty of players selling for around 25-30% markup, and a few lower than that.

Pac

Post by Pac »

I guess mining unattended is ok too since you're 'spending' shovels when you do it.