IDOC Success! A 12hr Marathon

Topics related to Second Age
The oOo

IDOC Success! A 12hr Marathon

Post by The oOo »

While cruising around the neighborhood I came across a lovely 2-story L tucked up against the mountains of Avarice.

Much to my surprise a perimeter check didn't turn up a single soul camping this beauty! After picking up a small deed I came back with plans to get me a large house. I could tell by the site that a well placed small would block any further placement...any loot I got would be gravy, and there was loot to be had!!

We figured out a plan for clearing, placement and looting, called in reinforcements and hunkered down for the long haul. It turned out to be one of the quietest large-house IDOCs I've been too [not many hehe] but a few people did turn up, recalling in occasionally to check status.

In the 12hrs we sat there only one red came through, chasing me off for a bit and killing our scout, but that wasn't going to stop us getting that spot!

After getting back into positions we quietly watched people come and go occassionaly...always the same 3-4 people.

12hrs later it finally fell. Only two other people appeared to start gating the stuff out and I was only too happy to let them. I did manage to stuff a few things behind trees etc when they werent looking...but when I had enough room cleared and dropped my small they started moving stuff in earnest as I started leapfrogging stuff inside. A brief struggle over the last chest and one of them attacked me so I figured they wanted it more then me...and I had my large house spot now so I watched them as they took the last of it through their gate.

After some much needed sleep we regrouped on site with a new deed for a 2-story house and quickly swapped the small out for the large [a risky move but what the hell...tracking is nice] and walked in to our new home to celebrate!!

Sweet!!
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: IDOC Success! A 12hr Marathon

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

wd!
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Congrats! That's a great story and ending. What are you're(s) future plans for the home? Also ty for going wood and plaster and not stone and plaster, I hate the look of stone and plasters.

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

Good job, Hunter showed me that one but I wasn't willing to stay up and preferred sleeping to staying up for a house I had no timer on.

Good job tho!
Derrick wrote:Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.
Kaivan wrote:I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Sure, taking down a small to put up a two story can be nerve wracking. Try taking down 4-6 smalls to place a keep (done that twice so far), or for a castle even. Sheesh. Talk about anxiety. ;) Glad you got what you were looking for! Congrats. :)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Congrats on a job well done!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Luuuucky!! Good job!

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Whitley »

Apocalypse wrote:Sure, taking down a small to put up a two story can be nerve wracking. Try taking down 4-6 smalls to place a keep (done that twice so far), or for a castle even. Sheesh. Talk about anxiety. ;) Glad you got what you were looking for! Congrats. :)
Yikes. That's why they invented the time between last save and server reboot... dry runs :)

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Thanks guys! We've been soo busy moving in and decorating...the missus is pleased :D

and here is "the rest of the story"...

Call it sleep deprivation or just plain giddyness hehe...I did make one major mistake haha...

We had about 80k saved in our house fund and 3 smalls already, 2 side by side and one a few screens away. We really like the 2 SbS and want to keep them but knew we'd be dropping the 3rd for the fund eventually.

Late that night as we were camping and it looked like we stood a good chance of pulling it off I did the math and figured there would be just enough to buy the 2-story deed by dropping the 3rd small and selling the deed and IF I got my hands on at least one of those piles of gold [which you see I did]...

My mistake was figuring it all up, I was thinking Brick House deed price for some reason and didn't know it!!! [Brick would not fit...]

I had already cleared out our 3rd small and dropped it, moved that pile of loot gold to my bank and headed to the capenter's shop only to find out I was still about 60k short!!!!

I would either have to drop and sell one of our 2 treasured SbS's, replace it later w the holder deed or {yea right!} drop the small holding the spot, sell it fast and return to place the 2-story.

So I'm standing there at the carpenter's shop in shock staring at the deed menu when our good buddy appears out of the blue by my side, of all places!!

"Sup" lol

After clearing out all our banks we were still 19k short but our good friend was kind enough to help us out seeing as he would get it back as soon as I resold the holder deed back...a quick trip to the bank and we were in business.

That last shot you see of the 3 of us standing in the new house was taken just before handing him the small holder deed in full for his timely assistance and 19k gold hehehe

and now you know "the rest of the story"
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Good Job.

That's how I got my small tower on Catskills as well peronnaly; on my guild's island no less.
Have fun with all the room. Small houses are... wel... small. :mrgreen: