Are These the Patch notes by the era accuracy is going by?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Deklar

Are These the Patch notes by the era accuracy is going by?

Post by Deklar »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/1999_Patch_Notes Just curious if these are what we are considering Era Accuracy?
I've Noticed a lot of things currently being used and a lot of things not being used so are we picking and choosing what we would like to keep or throw out?
I guess I'm Confused on Era Accuracy because In my eyes I guess if your going to give out Items that where brought in from December 1999 then all previous patch notes should be implemented. I read through those patch notes and I'm 100% baffled there are things in there we are currently using and things in there we are ignoring for sure. Strongboxes... Housing secure Create Numbers... Delay on Weapons when equipped. are just a very small few examples
Last edited by Deklar on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Having To cure Before heal spell works??

Post by son »

UOR
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Are These the Patch notes by the era accuracy is going b

Post by Kaivan »

Our cutoff is the November 23, 1999 patch notes, and includes everything up and including that patch, except the housing changes. Yes, we do have some housing mechanics from that patch, but they should eventually be removed. As for the items themselves, we have never followed era accuracy regarding the items we provide for Christmas and other holidays.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Deklar

Post by Deklar »

So correct me if I'm wrong shouldn't the Halberd instant hit be taken away due to Combat changes
Mace weapons now cause stamina loss and extra damage to armor when they hit an opponent.
Your swing rate or firing rate with all weapons is now dependent on your current stamina, instead of your dexterity.
Damage for your blow is now assessed on your opponent on the start of the swing, instead of at the end. This change makes a fast connection less of an advantage in melee combat. This will apply to wrestling and attacks made by monsters as well.
Equipping a weapon now causes a short "prep time" before you can start swinging.
Being good at anatomy will give a bonus to the damage you do in combat.

Deklar

Post by Deklar »

Ok I was wrong I must thank Kaivan for taking the time to explain the difference in mechanical differences between what I was thinking and what that was saying.