Crafters

Topics related to Second Age
fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Crafters

Post by fooka03 »

I actually have bows on my gatherer along with stealth and hide.

That aside, pirul is right, crafting success on pentegrams and abattoirs are only dependent on carp skill, you only need magery to attempt to create. The chance to succeed is the same for 75 magery and gm magery.

As far as recycling on a different toon. It wastes time, a lot of it. If you're ok with that that's your call I'm just making the suggestion.

For reference, my crafters have:

Smithy
Tink
Mining
Carp
Tailor
75 mage
50 hide
45 music
39ish arms lore

Bows
Lumber
Tink
Mining
Mage
Hide
Stealth

Alchy
Mage
Med
Eval
Wrestle
Scribe
Poison

Note that I will be dropping hide on the first to get more arms lore now that I have a separate miner. Just wanted to illustrate that having hiding on a miner is a big life/time saver
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

fooka03 wrote:Just wanted to illustrate that having hiding on a miner is a big life/time saver
I had hiding + stealth on mine, and it was a god send while skilling up.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

fooka03 wrote:I actually have bows on my gatherer along with stealth and hide.

That aside, pirul is right, crafting success on pentegrams and abattoirs are only dependent on carp skill, you only need magery to attempt to create. The chance to succeed is the same for 75 magery and gm magery.

As far as recycling on a different toon. It wastes time, a lot of it. If you're ok with that that's your call I'm just making the suggestion.

For reference, my crafters have:

Smithy
Tink
Mining
Carp
Tailor
75 mage
50 hide
45 music
39ish arms lore

Bows
Lumber
Tink
Mining
Mage
Hide
Stealth

Alchy
Mage
Med
Eval
Wrestle
Scribe
Poison

Note that I will be dropping hide on the first to get more arms lore now that I have a separate miner. Just wanted to illustrate that having hiding on a miner is a big life/time saver
Which 2 skills do you start off with between alchemy, magery, poison, and inscription?

It seems like there are so many mountain ranges available within guardzone, via boat, or even without any monster spawn that at least steath would not be needed? If it is to protect against pks, wouldn't they see the pile of ore and track/reveal?

Newguy

Post by Newguy »

Are you guys using the 100/100/25 stats like the template? Or do you tweak the dex/int a bit, and if you do why ,thanks.Also reading alot lately the newbie items cannot be stolen if you keep them on top level of backpack out of containers in addition to not wearing out and being able to trade them.They do have high decay rate if you put them on the ground it says.

Wanted to add,Is there any particular skill tailoring gells with? i moved mine out of main crafter into secondary crafter to make room for armslore.
These are both 100-100-25 any suggestions are welcome.I thought tinkering did the music instruments ,ill have to check?

Primary

Blacksmithy
Mining
Tinkering
Armslore
Magery
Bowyer Fletching
Carpentry

Secondary

Lumberjacking
Tailoring
Alchemy
Poisoning
Item ID
Last edited by Newguy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I'd probably start with alchy and poison. Magery is not expensive to get to 50. Buy from NPC's to 30, then fireball to 45-48 or so, then normal route.

Stealth was for dungeon mining.

I always had 100 INT...just because DEX does nothing for a crafter.

Newbied items are great in all senses, but they do decay in like 90 seconds if left on the floor.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Newguy

Post by Newguy »

Pirul wrote:I'd probably start with alchy and poison. Magery is not expensive to get to 50. Buy from NPC's to 30, then fireball to 45-48 or so, then normal route.

Stealth was for dungeon mining.

I always had 100 INT...just because DEX does nothing for a crafter.

Newbied items are great in all senses, but they do decay in like 90 seconds if left on the floor.
The int certainly would help the magery out...hrm thats a thought.I figured the dex was for running away or carrying extra for a short distance but the full mana is interesting.Anyone have a dex arguement?

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Newguy wrote:....Wanted to add,Is there any particular skill tailoring gells with? i moved mine out of main crafter into secondary crafter to make room for armslore.
These are both 100-100-25 any suggestions are welcome.I thought tinkering did the music instruments ,ill have to check?

Primary

Blacksmithy
Mining
Tinkering
Armslore
Magery
Bowyer Fletching
Carpentry

Secondary

Lumberjacking
Tailoring
Alchemy
Poisoning
Item ID
A few of the house add-ons require carpentry and tailoring together.

Also instruments are carpentry, not tinkering.

Newguy

Post by Newguy »

A few of the house add-ons require carpentry and tailoring together.

Also instruments are carpentry, not tinkering.[/quote]

Ah thank you,can i float bowyer fletcher?Thats the only option i think ive got the other work well together.