Copying full books

Topics related to Second Age
Service Unknown

Copying full books

Post by Service Unknown »

Hello All,

I have been setting aside some coin to buy a full spell book and rune book. What I want to know is IF I buy some from a player vendor can I copy everything in it for my other chars to have a book too?

All my chars are in Brit, and to be honest, I'm getting tired of the same old scenery, so I thought I would just see about traveling to other parts of the world. You know, explore, hunt, Pked, gather resources, get Pked again, and just plain have some more fun!

I don't have much coin to buy 5 copies of each. It's been a VERY long time since I have played and I cannot remember if it was possible.

thanks in advance!
:D

UsualSuspect

Re: Copying full books

Post by UsualSuspect »

you can create books and scrolls with inscription and magery.

Drogan

Post by Drogan »

however.. you will have to physically mark each rune for the new book

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

to make a copy of a spell book, you need to have inscription and enough magery to cast the spell. there are vendors around yew that sell them.

Service Unknown

Yeah, working on magery but it does use up alot of cash. So I'll just pick up some books and keep them tucked away and mark some runes when I can.

From what I read it's a good idea to ID books before I buy them too. I'd hate to lose my hard earned money so quickly on blank books.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Contact the NEW guild in IRC or here on the forums. Pringles/I Might Heal is the guildmaster, and they have resources (such as spellbooks) for new players. 0% chance to get scammed...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

You can also hunt liches/lich lords which usually drop scrolls including high-level scrolls.

I was able to fill 10 spellbooks in 2 days just scavenging scrolls from liches/lich lords that the tamers were leaving behind. (you might ask permission to take the scrolls to continue the good will of the tamers).

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

Budner wrote:You can also hunt liches/lich lords which usually drop scrolls including high-level scrolls.

I was able to fill 10 spellbooks in 2 days just scavenging scrolls from liches/lich lords that the tamers were leaving behind. (you might ask permission to take the scrolls to continue the good will of the tamers).
My first day here i went to Yew liches over by the orc fort, in about 3 hours of farming i was able to acquire about 20-30k and about 300 scrolls; ended up making 3 half-spellbooks, sold all duplicates for an extra 3-5k. Used that to train magery/resist to about 80 and then moved on to better monsters... (just an idea to copy that path, it works, and fairly close to town, buy a horse though.. pks will come)

Service Unknown

okgoace wrote:
Budner wrote:You can also hunt liches/lich lords which usually drop scrolls including high-level scrolls.

My first day here i went to Yew liches over by the orc fort, in about 3 hours of farming i was able to acquire about 20-30k and about 300 scrolls; ended up making 3 half-spellbooks, sold all duplicates for an extra 3-5k. Used that to train magery/resist to about 80 and then moved on to better monsters... (just an idea to copy that path, it works, and fairly close to town, buy a horse though.. pks will come)

This is a really good idea and I think I will have to try this out. Thanks for the advice.

DEATH HERE I COME!