Getting started

Topics related to Second Age
The Grey Ghost

Getting started

Post by The Grey Ghost »

Well I just started playing today and felt like saying hello on the forum. I want to make a mage, as that was always my class. Anyway, would anyone have some tips to get started? Should I level up a dexxer first? Any info is appreciated, and I know I have a lot of reading to do as it has been so long. I am off to bed and lok forward to some replies.

UsualSuspect

Re: Getting started

Post by UsualSuspect »

you could go one of two ways to begin.
I, personally, always start with a dexxer. You can also take the path of bard. Check the guides section of the forum, plenty of information to get started.
If you want a mage you should take the bard approach.

Edit

I always start with a dexxer because you actually get to play the game you've missed. starting the bard way you just macro.. blah.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

UsualSuspect wrote:
I always start with a dexxer because you actually get to play the game you've missed. starting the bard way you just macro.. blah.
Good advise this, though I will add, with 3 accounts allowed its a good idea to do both. Macro the bard while you play your dexxer. Should give you a nice foundation.

Also NEW are a guild specifically tailored for helping new and returning players get started. Just /join #New on IRC and some of the nice folk in there can help you out.

Welcome to UOSA!
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

The Grey Ghost

Post by The Grey Ghost »

cheers, thanks for the replies! I logged on for a while last night and met a couple cool people and received a little starter kit from one of them. Guess i should also have mentioned I played Chesapeake from 98-00 and Napa Valley from mid 00-04.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

make a dexer first to fund your mage. then, your mage will be funding your dexer!