Reflect charge error on jewelery/clothing

Topics related to Second Age
Malaikat

Re: Reflect charge error on jewelery/clothing

Post by Malaikat »

Taboo wrote: shut up malakait.
When someone approaches you on the street and they claim to have a gun, you just put your pride away and surrender your wallet. If you want to pound your chest after you've been violated and used, that's fine, but it's wise to wait until your assailant has left. You're in the midst of a psychological mugging...so just shut your lips and pretend you're somewhere else while I finish.

There's a prison analogy there as well, but this isn't trash talk...yet...so you'll just have to use your imagination. The short of it is that you're about to get screwed.
you idiot, your ego is really zero impressive.
It's impressive enough for you to come after me for trying to be helpful. I'm not complaining. If you want a fight you've found one. However, nothing I said in my opening remark was sarcastic or offensive.
your input was 0 necessary
I can tell you're a little unnerved because your grammar has devolved into mindless and instinctive drivel. I appreciate the flattery and fully understand the panic you're feeling. Again, I'd refer you to the prison analogy.
and i will own your loser thread side tracking ass
You're off to a good start. No punctuation, no capitalization, and typing "0 necessary" instead of unnecessary are great ways to establish your dominance and make me look foolish.
while toggling a reflect item on any one of my pvp chars.
Duel me?
I'm snide. now what? Go away.
How manly of you to issue a challenge and then immediately wish the exchange were over. As if you were going to wave me away with an effeminate, open-hand slap.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Gentlemen, this isn't productive to the discussion at hand.
@Kaivan - In what ways are things wrong currently and what direction will you be looking to take these items?
As in: What other fixes do you have in mind?

Edit: For clarity - Define how they should behave "differently"
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Nystal wrote:Gentlemen, this isn't productive to the discussion at hand.
@Kaivan - In what ways are things wrong currently and what direction will you be looking to take these items?

Well, let me start by talking about how these items currently work. As of now, each item will "cast" the respective spell on your character when equipped. For all wearable items except reflect and invisibility, when the item is equipped, the cast spell acts exactly as a spell that is normally cast would, and is permanently affixed to your character, regardless of whether the item remains equipped or not. This allows players to quickly dress and undress stat buff items and protection items, applying the spell for the next 50 seconds.

Instead, these items should work more like on/off switches for a particular effect. For example, if you equip a tunic of strength, it should consume one charge and apply the strength bonus to your character for the next 50 seconds. In this case, equipping the item is the on switch. If, during those 50 seconds, you choose to unequip the item, the stat bonus should automatically be removed, acting like the off switch to the stat bonus. In general, this should be applied to all wearable items. As of now, the only items that are working properly are invisibility and reflect items, which apply their effects when equipped, use charges periodically when equipped, and remove their effects when unequipped.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Kaivan wrote: Well, let me start by talking about how these items currently work. As of now, each item will "cast" the respective spell on your character when equipped. For all wearable items except reflect and invisibility, when the item is equipped, the cast spell acts exactly as a spell that is normally cast would, and is permanently affixed to your character, regardless of whether the item remains equipped or not. This allows players to quickly dress and undress stat buff items and protection items, applying the spell for the next 50 seconds.

Instead, these items should work more like on/off switches for a particular effect. For example, if you equip a tunic of strength, it should consume one charge and apply the strength bonus to your character for the next 50 seconds. In this case, equipping the item is the on switch. If, during those 50 seconds, you choose to unequip the item, the stat bonus should automatically be removed, acting like the off switch to the stat bonus. In general, this should be applied to all wearable items. As of now, the only items that are working properly are invisibility and reflect items, which apply their effects when equipped, use charges periodically when equipped, and remove their effects when unequipped.
Thank you for the detailed clarification.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Malaikat wrote:
Taboo wrote: shut up malakait.
When someone approaches you on the street and they claim to have a gun, you just put your pride away and surrender your wallet. If you want to pound your chest after you've been violated and used, that's fine, but it's wise to wait until your assailant has left. You're in the midst of a psychological mugging...so just shut your lips and pretend you're somewhere else while I finish.

There's a prison analogy there as well, but this isn't trash talk...yet...so you'll just have to use your imagination. The short of it is that you're about to get screwed.
you idiot, your ego is really zero impressive.
It's impressive enough for you to come after me for trying to be helpful. I'm not complaining. If you want a fight you've found one. However, nothing I said in my opening remark was sarcastic or offensive.
your input was 0 necessary
I can tell you're a little unnerved because your grammar has devolved into mindless and instinctive drivel. I appreciate the flattery and fully understand the panic you're feeling. Again, I'd refer you to the prison analogy.
and i will own your loser thread side tracking ass
You're off to a good start. No punctuation, no capitalization, and typing "0 necessary" instead of unnecessary are great ways to establish your dominance and make me look foolish.
while toggling a reflect item on any one of my pvp chars.
Duel me?
I'm snide. now what? Go away.
How manly of you to issue a challenge and then immediately wish the exchange were over. As if you were going to wave me away with an effeminate, open-hand slap.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Kaivan wrote:
Nystal wrote:Gentlemen, this isn't productive to the discussion at hand.

Well, let me start by talking about how these items currently work. As of now, each item will "cast" the respective spell on your character when equipped. For all wearable items except reflect and invisibility, when the item is equipped, the cast spell acts exactly as a spell that is normally cast would, and is permanently affixed to your character, regardless of whether the item remains equipped or not. This allows players to quickly dress and undress stat buff items and protection items, applying the spell for the next 50 seconds.

So glad they work like that, especially reflect. It would be incredibly overpowered otherwise.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Halbu speaks truth here... And when he speaks truth, I must point it out.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com