monitor "blackouts" when launching Razor

Furync

monitor "blackouts" when launching Razor

Post by Furync »

Hiyas,

I'm trying to get my friend to join us and I've installed the game and set everything up for him and he is good to go. The only problem is when we launch the game, after clicking "ok" to the razor window (to connect to t2a), his screen blacks out. We can hear the UO music but the screen is totally black. He has had this happen to him with other games too for the past 2 months. He says if he shuts down is monitor and wait 20-30 minutes and puts it on again, then he can see the game.

I'm thinking this is a video card problem... has anyone encountered something like this before? I'd hate to have him go out and buy another videocard and still have the problem...

Any help here would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

Dick Cheney

Re: monitor "blackouts" when launching Razor

Post by Dick Cheney »

You can buy a video card at bestbuy and put it in the PC, if it works keep it. If you still get the same blackout problem then you have I think 30days, maybe it is 14 days to return it, but best buy will take it back, just tell'em you decided you didn't want it. Ask the sales rep about their hardware return policy just to make sure, but last I was there this was still the policy.

Oh and if you do need a video card I'd still take the card back and order one from tigerdirect or newegg, cause bestbuy will rip you off.