Colorwars

Topics related to Second Age
Bob Barker

Colorwars

Post by Bob Barker »

I was reading the forums and found a post talking about the use of silver, the game capture the flag and dominion. I think dom stands for dominion. I found out that the games had been removed because of bugs and because they were not designed for t2a servers.

Back when runuo was still releasing betas there was a server called Archeronne. Archeronne had a game called colorwars. Colorwars was one of the reasons the server did so well. I liked playing the game so much that when the server was taken down I recoded the game. I released the source code on runuo forums. This game would be really easy to tweak to run for a t2a server. This is how the game works.

This is the color wars arena. You have red, blue, black, and white for colors. The walls dividing the colored platforms is a single static so if you delete 1 part of it, it will delete the whole wall. The're 9 stones used in the game. You have 4 white stones shown in the picture (east most ones). From left to right the're 2 teams, 3 teams, 4 teams, and free for all. Once you double click the stone, it will teleport you into the arena and dye your skin color, hair color, and give you a bunch of dyed gear that matches your team color. Cannot remember if the version I made public changed your name to the color of the team until the end of the game.

You are given a set amount of time to suit up and the wall locking you on the colored pad is removed and it is color vs color. Once a team has won, everyone clicks on the stone that is the color of the winning team. If you are on the winning team it deposits a reward into your bank. Next is a picture of the wall for a free for all game.

This game is currently not automated as you have to move the stones back and forth to get it to run. If you would be willing to use it I could write up an automation script for it. I cannot find a picture of maze wars. These games are a lot of fun and I would be willing to customize the code to fit the server.

If you want to look at the source files you can find them here.
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/ ... ars.58157/

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Colorwars

Post by RoadKill »

Cool idea, though you won't see this added. A good approach might be to organize it using the actual UO map and UO items. Rose (I believe) had an amazing CTF setup involving 2 towers and a middleground small. From what I know, it was very successful and quite popular.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=24008
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins