Purchasing mounts from Private Vendors

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Allow employed vendors capable of selling your tamed mounts?

Yup:
15%
Nope:
85%

Total votes: 13

Godsend

Purchasing mounts from Private Vendors

Post by Godsend »

I know this isn't exactly era accurate, but it could make life a bit easier for those people who die and lose their mounts and runes. Also, it would provide some players with the ability to easily sell their mounts that aren't available at the stables.

Also, I would like to see eatible mushrooms. If you are unsure how to do this, I could probably walk you through it.
Last edited by Godsend on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dick Cheney

Re: Purchasing mounts from Private Vendors

Post by Dick Cheney »

I'd settle for stable masters to all be connected like bankers.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

While its a novel idea, neither are accurate to the T2A era. Since that's the case, we won't be seeing personal vendors nor edible mushrooms anytime soon.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

What era had exploding mushrooms on the ground in random dungeons? I know on LS there was a bunch of them in Deceit, it may have been pre-T2A though
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

I'm pretty sure exploding mushrooms still existed in UO:R. They were basically just another dungeon trap.

Epelein98

Post by Epelein98 »

They been removed pretty soon!
You been able to make like 300k in just 1 hour with level 3 teleport and a well spawning poison elly.
Those shrooms been around for like 4-6 weeks (I guess).

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Epelein98 wrote:They been removed pretty soon!
You been able to make like 300k in just 1 hour with level 3 teleport and a well spawning poison elly.
Those shrooms been around for like 4-6 weeks (I guess).
300k/hr sounds like an extreme stretch of the truth :lol:
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Godsend

Post by Godsend »

Kaivan wrote:While its a novel idea, neither are accurate to the T2A era. Since that's the case, we won't be seeing personal vendors nor edible mushrooms anytime soon.
I am not talking about anything more than making players mounts purchasible on the vendors they already have in their houses. And the "we won't be seeing personal vendors" comment is bull. Go to K^A village north of Minoc and tell me that again! Few things about this shard are T2A accurate: the events, the player towns, the timers, spell strengths and functions, and much more. Don't get me wrong, it is a very good shard, but with all these other things that aren't accurate, shouldn't you consider other things that may make the game more enjoyable?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Player towns with npc vendors existed on Baja during '99.

Godsend

Post by Godsend »

I played Baja in 99 and don't recall any npc vendors, but hey, it is your shard.
And why is K^A village the only one with NPCs?

All that aside, are any suggestions going to be heard if they aren't 100% T2A accurate?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Godsend wrote:I played Baja in 99 and don't recall any npc vendors, but hey, it is your shard.
And why is K^A village the only one with NPCs?

All that aside, are any suggestions going to be heard if they aren't 100% T2A accurate?
Any change that intentionally moves us away from T2A accuracy will not be made.
Godsend wrote:
Kaivan wrote:While its a novel idea, neither are accurate to the T2A era. Since that's the case, we won't be seeing personal vendors nor edible mushrooms anytime soon.
I am not talking about anything more than making players mounts purchasible on the vendors they already have in their houses. And the "we won't be seeing personal vendors" comment is bull. Go to K^A village north of Minoc and tell me that again! Few things about this shard are T2A accurate: the events, the player towns, the timers, spell strengths and functions, and much more. Don't get me wrong, it is a very good shard, but with all these other things that aren't accurate, shouldn't you consider other things that may make the game more enjoyable?
Having a few NPC stablemasters placed in towns, which is accurate to the era, is extremely different from allowing players to sell mounts on their own personal vendors. The result would be an unintended functionality of taming which did not exist in era at all.

As for the other changes, spell functionality is as close to OSI functionality as possible and the other issues revolving around T2A accuracy are issues that we have not had time to look in to. The fact that something isn't accurate isn't an excuse for more inaccuracies, it's a point that's worth mentioning as an inaccuracy and we will attempt to make it accurate to the best of our abilities given the time allowance and seriousness of the issue.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Godsend

Post by Godsend »

Thank you for clarifying this subject. I will try to keep my suggestion to what I remember between the release of T2A and Renaissance.