pvp template

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Loathed

Re: pvp template

Post by Loathed »

i'd also like to note that there weren't many viable templates back in this era. UO:R however started going in the right direction as far as template diversity goes.

boredcanadian

Post by boredcanadian »

Grifty McGrift wrote:So what exactly were you trying to accomplish with your post?
I dont know. More options for pvp There are tons, I do not care which ones. I do not see any negatives in adding a few and there have yet to be any mentioned.

This is this last time i will be repeating myself and even at this point its only for arguments sake but the hally mage is clearly the most dominant template. No matter how well you make some little trick work on any other current template a person of equal skill will kill you dead with a hally mage. This should not be the deciding factor. Before you say "no I could kill blah blah blah blah" picture it as if you were fighting yourself. You as the hally mage wins. Every other aspect of this shard is quite diverse while still benefiting the game. Diversity in Pvp is handicapped.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

How should the shard go about getting more diversity in PvP templates when the shard's goal is to replicate 1999 as accurately as possible? You just have to take it for what it is.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

boredcanadian

Post by boredcanadian »

by having the majority decide they would prefer it that way. Which would you prefer?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I'm not sure you understand how things work here on UOSA. "The majority" don't decide anything about game mechanics, the only thing that matters is if it's accurate to Nov 1999.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

boredcanadian

Post by boredcanadian »

I am actually aware of that and expect not to have anything changed. Why not try?

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

boredcanadian wrote:
Grifty McGrift wrote:So what exactly were you trying to accomplish with your post?
I dont know. More options for pvp There are tons, I do not care which ones. I do not see any negatives in adding a few and there have yet to be any mentioned.

This is this last time i will be repeating myself and even at this point its only for arguments sake but the hally mage is clearly the most dominant template. No matter how well you make some little trick work on any other current template a person of equal skill will kill you dead with a hally mage. This should not be the deciding factor. Before you say "no I could kill blah blah blah blah" picture it as if you were fighting yourself. You as the hally mage wins. Every other aspect of this shard is quite diverse while still benefiting the game. Diversity in Pvp is handicapped.
For the record, I still think you're wrong. I'll fight a hally mage on my dexxer anytime 1v1.

Have you tried any other template besides the tank mage?
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Swords
Archery
Magery
Resist
Healing
Anatomy
Tactics

Pre-Cast Meteor Swarm or Chain lighting, arm the bow, wait for the timer, come on screen, say something newbish to some guy sitting there...shoot the bow, disarm, release the spell, immediately prep a purple, arm your hally (if the bow missed) or katana
and chase them down.

A good 2 vs 2 temp is a Total Healer

Macing
Tactics
Healing
Wrestling
Resist
Magery
Meditation

100 str 55 dex 70 intel is perfect. You would be near impossible to kill. So whether you are drawing fire or mega healing your partner it's still a very viable template.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Swords
Archery
Magery
Resist
Healing
Anatomy
Tactics

Pre-Cast Meteor Swarm or Chain lighting, arm the bow, wait for the timer, come on screen, say something newbish to some guy sitting there...shoot the bow, disarm, release the spell, immediately prep a purple, arm your hally (if the bow missed) or katana
and chase them down.
I can verify that this works and is quite hilarious.