Current chars and ideas for 2 more

Topics related to Second Age
scp1981408

Current chars and ideas for 2 more

Post by scp1981408 »

Hey Everyone!

New to UO:SA and the forums. It's been a VERY long time since I've played UO and it brings back some good memories. I wish I had my old buddies on here too but as long as I'm playing again it's all good.

Anyways, since I have a long way to go in remembering the game and all the details that come with it I was wondering what builds would be optimal for the below chars I currently have, and ideas to round out the remaining needs/must haves for future chars.

Current
Blacksmith:
Mining
Smithing
Arms lore

Mage:
Meditation

Warrior:
PVPer maybe?

Future
????

What other chars should I build? I honestly do not remember alot of the details and the skills. Just made some chars with a basic idea and started going at it.

Any ideas or input would be helpful.

Thanks!!

Vavara

Re: Current chars and ideas for 2 more

Post by Vavara »

... only 2 more?

You can have fifteen characters so you can aim for a few more than 2 more.

Make a trio of Archer/Fishermen and sail the waters hunting for sunken treasure and fighting pirates.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Its worth having a look over the following:

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Templates

the beauty of this game is that you can mix and match stuff to complement each other and your own playstyle.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

Since you can have 3 accounts, with 5 characters on each account, you can have up to 15 characters. Check out this link for examples of various templates.

For pvp you will definitely want a hally mage (tank mage). I have one on each account, so 3 total. You may also want to pvp as a dexxer. I have one dexxer/tracker that I use with a group.

One of your first characters should be a bard, since they are easy and cheap to reach 7x GM, and are great for gold farming. I use a mage bard, as the wiki says, with eval int instead of hiding. Some people sometimes go with hiding instead of resist, but I think it's silly.

Having a tamer is the best way to farm gold. A few dragons with you at elder gazers and you will make more gold than you know what to do with, if you don't get pk'd.

You can also make a treasure hunter (tmaps), fisherman (mibs), thief, and various crafters. It's really up to what you want to do. Use the wiki as a guide for macroing up each skill to gm, or do a search on the forum. You can have three characters logged in at once so while you are playing on one, you should be macroing on the others. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Windspirit

scp1981408

Post by scp1981408 »

Casey wrote:Since you can have 3 accounts, with 5 characters on each account, you can have up to 15 characters. Check out this link for examples of various templates.

For pvp you will definitely want a hally mage (tank mage). I have one on each account, so 3 total. You may also want to pvp as a dexxer. I have one dexxer/tracker that I use with a group.

One of your first characters should be a bard, since they are easy and cheap to reach 7x GM, and are great for gold farming. I use a mage bard, as the wiki says, with eval int instead of hiding. Some people sometimes go with hiding instead of resist, but I think it's silly.

Having a tamer is the best way to farm gold. A few dragons with you at elder gazers and you will make more gold than you know what to do with, if you don't get pk'd.

You can also make a treasure hunter (tmaps), fisherman (mibs), thief, and various crafters. It's really up to what you want to do. Use the wiki as a guide for macroing up each skill to gm, or do a search on the forum. You can have three characters logged in at once so while you are playing on one, you should be macroing on the others. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Windspirit
Thanks for the link. After reviewing it I think I have picked a couple of things.

I do know I can have 3 accts with 5 chars per, but what I'm trying to do is ease into this again and not overwhelm myself.

Assassin:
Swordsmanship or Fencing (which would work better with successful hits)
Anatomy
Tactics
Healing
Resisting Spells
Magery or Hiding (there's scrolls for hiding right? Can't that replace hiding?)
Poisoning

Blacksmith (to make weapons and armor only):
Mining
Blacksmith
Tinkering
Arms Lore
Tailoring

Going with Mage Bard, Hally Mage and Provoke Tamer.

Should be a good start I guess...