Building a dungeon lockpicker

Topics related to Second Age
Malheki

Building a dungeon lockpicker

Post by Malheki »

ATM my lper build is stealth/hiding/lockpicking/magery/med/provo/music, would this be alright for a strong dungeon lockpicker or would the "dungeon thief/lockpicker" be better? stealing/snooping/stealth/hiding/magery/lockpicking/wrestling ?

Grifty McGrift

Re: Building a dungeon lockpicker

Post by Grifty McGrift »

i use my Tmap toon for dungeon chests

7x
Magery
Meditation
Hiding
Lockpicking
Cartography
Music
Provo

I don't see the need for stealth since you can easily recall directly next to many of the chests. You will need to see saw Hiding and Detect Hidden until you GM lockpicking (which takes forever) if you are going to dig up Level 5 Tmaps. This build is a PK magnet tho. I recommonded equipping him well with pots, pouches, invis items, etc.

Good Luck!
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Malheki wrote:ATM my lper build is stealth/hiding/lockpicking/magery/med/provo/music,
Once you get GM LP, my favorite template is stealth/hiding/lockpicking/magery/med/eval/wrestling

this lets you PVP to some extent on your LPer. Great for killing other LPers or peeps who get low at AW spawn or LLs, looting houses, etc.

Malheki

Post by Malheki »

If i didn't want to do carto what would be some other solid skill choices?

Malheki

Post by Malheki »

Contemplating stealth/hiding/lockpicking/magery/med/eval/wrestling but my builds already complete other then LPing not being gm, debating about changing it the build though.

zetax
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by zetax »

Good templates.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

yes, good templates. IF you wanted to pvp a little though to kill other lockpickers (it does get VERY annoying everytime you try to go to lvl4-5 chest and someone just picked it). I would do

lockpick
hiding
magery
macing/swords/fenc (Id go macing with all of the gheal/lightning stalves you will get)
tact
anat/wrestle
heal/med/stealth

to me though, the BEST dungeon lockpicker requires a little more time to make:

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/19928

honestly, there are about 2-3 lvl 4 dungeon chests in high spawn rate areas. I just gate in hidden. on a mare, hop off, let it kill everything while i lockpick. 3-5k gold plus any items from chests and monster drops in maybe 5 mins MAX. never been pked doing this as its super quick.

Malheki

Post by Malheki »

The thing is i already have a gm tamer and was wanting a character to a) goof off on when im not running the tamer, but b) pick the chests i see all the time when i am farming on the tamer.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

if your wanted to pick the chests u see on ur tamer, get lp on your tamer. its easy to macro up to 95(?) been so long I dont remember the cutoff from GM boxes. dungeons after that, goes up slow but u still get loot. get rich off invis/reflect items. or hoard them to pvp with one day. invis items are usefull for every template