Help with Damage Formula

Topics related to Second Age
wrathofjo

Help with Damage Formula

Post by wrathofjo »

I'm trying to understand the damage formula and create a spreadsheet to calculate max and min damages of weapons. I'm using the following formula, provided by Mikel123, on this forum post viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24145:

[(basedmg + GM/ruin/force/vanq modifier)*(Tactics+STR+Anat)]*repaircondition

The wiki (http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Weapon) presents base damage assuming full weapon HP, so I've only calculated weapons that do not need repair thus far and excluded "*repaircondition" from the formula. However, my results seem to be way high. Here's how I'm doing it. Let's take a GM halberd, for example.

MAX base damage = 49
GM Modifier = 4

Assuming 100 strength, 100 tactics, and 0 Anatomy I calculate the following:

x=(49+4)*(1.5+0.2+0)
x=90.1

Seems like that is about double by my estimation. Does anyone know where I've gone wrong?

wrathofjo

Re: Help with Damage Formula

Post by wrathofjo »

I think I answered my own question. This forum post (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42652) seems to indicate the damage is halved before being applied to the player. So, it makes more sense now.

x=(49+4)*(1.5+0.2+0)/2
x= 45.05

That seems more appropriate, I think. Any additional info of the topic would be greatly appreciated.

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

I'm curious how strength is never taken into a formula with weapons that have a minimum str requirement just to wield.

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

a mexican wrote:I'm curious how strength is never taken into a formula with weapons that have a minimum str requirement just to wield.
What do you mean? Are you suggested the damage bonus that strength gives is in some way affected by the strength requirement of the weapon you're wielding?