Field Dueling Battle Guild Ideas and Thoughts

Topics related to Second Age
Stephen83084

Field Dueling Battle Guild Ideas and Thoughts

Post by Stephen83084 »

From the Start I wasn’t sure if I should have put this tread in the Guilds area or Second Age Discussion because it’s a discussion of making a guild but you can’t be recruited to it because it doesn’t exist yet trying to follow the forum rules but not sure if I am, any ways.

I been thinking of making a guild and wanted to see what other people thoughts and ideas are. What I had in mind is a guild that would be all about friendly dueling. I want to create battles that people can join in and have fun. I don’t see a lot of 4v4s fights or more on this server a lot and I would like to create fair teams to battle it out. Where these battle would take place any where really depending how many people we would have to support the battle. When people have chars in the guild I would expect them to be loyal to the rules of the guild with that char but I don’t expect them to be personally loyal to the guild. This is just a guild to have fun with and to have some hard core pvp action between each other and maybe other guild that is willing to allies with us to have pvp battle.

Some of my thoughts to make this guild successful are.

1 - Not being the only person that host battles. I want to get other people helping, getting trusting people into the guild and host events and also having more than 1 guild master in the guild that way if a person needs to be taken out of the guild a trust worthy person can take care of a problem and if I go on vacation for 3 weeks the guild doesn’t die.

2- Having an entry free to just join the guild, one it will help out with buying buildings and stuff to make the guild more enjoyable to be in and also it helps prevent grievers joining the guild. Just think about it, do you want to pay to get into a guild just to try to kill people, to harsh the guild a little bit just to loss let’s say 5k right away and plus you are dueling with pvpers not just some newbie fresh out of the inn and if 5k is a big duel to you, the guild isn’t probably for you yet any ways.

3- Allying with other guilds. How this could work is we will only accept guilds that don’t war with other guilds and that isn’t order or chaos. My thoughts are we will war with them and being orange to each other just means we are ally with them. I can’t ally like this to warring guilds because this will be too confusing for them it only will led to problems. We would also not ally with PKers guilds new recruits will not know if they are not or are ally with us. One of the problems is if the guild that we ally with may have a couple of reds and we kill them and didn’t know that they were in an ally guild or didn’t realize at the time. Maybe right from the get go we will just tell the guild that all your reds are fair game to kill and loot but we will not harm your innocent chars. Please give me ideas how to work with this problem?

4- We will not accept murderers into the guild, when in battles we shouldn’t be flag to the world that will let grievers have an easy target without any harm done to them and when we die if someone loots at lease they will go grey. I don’t want to find an uninvited person to the battle getting free loot and the only way to get them off the body is if we get a murder count.

5- Kill any murders on site when having battles and criminals and make it fair game to kill them at any time.

This will be a challenge to make a guild like this and will need good team to make a guild like this work, it can’t be a one man show and I’m looking for support to work with the guild to make it enjoyable and active. Please give advice to make a guild like this be successful and enjoyable to be in.

I’m also looking for people to submit a post to see if they are willing to joining a guild like this. I’m thinking if I can get like 10 active people off the get go to get the guild going then I will. And please if you are a guild master from another guild and would be interested in allying with us to have battle please make a post also.

Kendo

Re: Field Dueling Battle Guild Ideas and Thoughts

Post by Kendo »

I am very interested in seeing how a large scale duel will turn out. i have been in hunting parties and come across another large group, but have never been a part of a big duel with potential rules. This idea is rad. Im in if you can get enough people, 10 or whatever.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

I love to join too. Great idea.
Shop at Stop&Shop in Yew. We restock daily!

Selling bulk boards and ingots. PM me over forums or in IRC.

Are you new on server? Check our site out: http://uonew.cephcom.net

Sin Cloud

Post by Sin Cloud »

Awesome idea

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

Great idea, hope to be able to join up soon.

Stephen83084

Post by Stephen83084 »

It’s nice to see that people are showing some interest in a guild like I describe in this treat. Any Ideas of what a guild like this could be called and any good ideas?

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Good idea ! I would love to see more guilds out there.

Let me know if you need any help starting things up. Also its better to keep your numbers small and play with active people you can get good with. I got a ton of people at one point and it was no fun fighting 6v2 , 5v3 , etc. Small group pvp is what attracted me to Ultima Online Second Age. Theres those few instances each week where there will be 3-4 small pvp groups on at the same time and its an absolute blast.

Honestly when action is dead I would love to see more people set stuff up kinda like "hey lets do a field 3v3 outside of wrong with no loot" or any type of rules both parties agree on. I know some people will call that trammie. But its a freeshard not OSI the population isnt like it was we need to do everything we can to maximize our pvp time!
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

This is a really neat idea. I'd love to see the day where you see 10v10's going on... Impossible to do that these days without some freak occurrence or without some structured event. I think something like this might have the potential to create more of those--if people supported it, that is.

I would hope all PvP-lovers would support it; to participate, you'd have to be "big" enough to put your loyalties on hold for the sake of having fun, but given the potential for a good time with something like this, I can't imagine a sensible person being put off by the idea. This kind of structure is really what's needed (imo) to take player-run events to the next level (in terms of happening more frequently, having many participants, and being easy to throw together). Besides, it's generally more fun to play a game where sides at least relatively even.

The main downside I see: it all-but requires an extra character (assuming they are in another guild already), which a lot of people won't be bothered with (unfortunately) :(.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Stephen83084

Post by Stephen83084 »

Lambo wrote:Good idea ! I would love to see more guilds out there.

Let me know if you need any help starting things up. Also its better to keep your numbers small and play with active people you can get good with. I got a ton of people at one point and it was no fun fighting 6v2 , 5v3 , etc. Small group pvp is what attracted me to Ultima Online Second Age. Theres those few instances each week where there will be 3-4 small pvp groups on at the same time and its an absolute blast.

Honestly when action is dead I would love to see more people set stuff up kinda like "hey lets do a field 3v3 outside of wrong with no loot" or any type of rules both parties agree on. I know some people will call that trammie. But its a freeshard not OSI the population isnt like it was we need to do everything we can to maximize our pvp time!
I would love some help getting this started as for right now the main thing is getting people interested in a guild like this. I believe in order for a guild like this to work the guild have to be highly active or at least the people in it playing the game. The last thing I want to do is make a giant zerg guild to steam roll over people but at the same time I think the number of people that is required is a good amount of people. The best thing right now I can think of is to tell people that you know and see if they would be interested in joining a guild like this. Perhaps see what some other guild masters think about a guild like this a see if they are also interested and help getting a guild like this going.

Stephen83084

Post by Stephen83084 »

the bazookas wrote:This is a really neat idea. I'd love to see the day where you see 10v10's going on... Impossible to do that these days without some freak occurrence or without some structured event. I think something like this might have the potential to create more of those--if people supported it, that is.

I would hope all PvP-lovers would support it; to participate, you'd have to be "big" enough to put your loyalties on hold for the sake of having fun, but given the potential for a good time with something like this, I can't imagine a sensible person being put off by the idea. This kind of structure is really what's needed (imo) to take player-run events to the next level (in terms of happening more frequently, having many participants, and being easy to throw together). Besides, it's generally more fun to play a game where sides at least relatively even.

The main downside I see: it all-but requires an extra character (assuming they are in another guild already), which a lot of people won't be bothered with (unfortunately) :(.

I already thought about this downside. One I would consider allying with other guild with the war option if I build good enough relations with the other guild which isn’t a warring guild. So if a player has a decent pvp char in non-warring guild then this could be an option for them. If the guild is successful and a lot of fun then people will start making chars for it. It’s just getting pass that breaking point of when a good amount of people start caring I think. We also may consider warring with other warring guilds for an hour or so to have some fun with some battles then unwar them in the same day.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

we did this before with a guild called prevailing truth pt. was like a scrimage practice for them. seemed like it was fun for everyone. tg n pt.