Era Accuracy: Party System

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Era Accuracy: Party System

Post by applejack »

Ezekiel Black wrote:I'm a new player here, so thanks for being super friendly and calling me a troll.
I was most definitely talking to my good buddy Blaise who brought up guild chat. Though I see how it may have seemed like I directed it at you. It was not and I'm sorry you took it that way.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

applejack wrote:It has already been addressed grandmaster troll.

Derrick wrote:Parties have been removed completely as they are absolutely not consistent with the T2A era. There was much consideration and discussion given to removing Guild Chat as well, but it has been decided that it will not be removed.

There are a few factors that played into our decision on guild chat, its convenience was not the deciding factor. We were able to modify guild chat so that it cannot be used to trigger the SysMsg condition in Razor. It is my view that guild chat is essentially a interface feature, and it does not now enable a player any ability which cannot be obtained through an allowed 3rd party application such as UO AutoMap. It also provides a partial substitute for the "UO Messenger" client feature which was available during our target time frame, but we are not able to provide due to it's removal from the UO Client itself.
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19860

It is not era accurate and as such, according to the tenets of the shard, should be removed.

Ezekiel, he was most definitely responding to me because it makes him proud when I am so full of win, my truthiness cannot be denied.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Everything we have on this shard is era accurate for better or worse.

From the front page of UOSecondAge.com:
We believe that "proper" game play can only be achieved by taking the era as a whole and accept it for what it was. Tampering with the era in hope of achieving balance is not something that we will do, nor do we believe is achievable across all play styles. Diversity of players and play styles is a necessity of a healthy shard. Every type of play depends on another, and this is why UO is absolutely the greatest MMORPG ever crafted.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE