Meandering Vendors and Delucia Bank

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GleepGlop

Meandering Vendors and Delucia Bank

Post by GleepGlop »

Ever since the distance patches for vendors it's almost impossible to bank outside in Delucia unless you are on the right side of the building. I honestly never remember this in any era and other banks aren't affected as severely. Unless they are just sitting in the back of the bank whenever I go there

As far as vendors go, why do some of them leave their shops and not others? The trinsic mages are constantly stuck outside the building and it just takes a single character next to the lamp post to ensure they will stay there for good. I really doubt OSI would have kept it in a way for it to happen so easily or had them being in near constant motion as they are here.

Didn't all vendors from time to time 'bounce' back to their original positions in era when they get stuck or somehow leave their designated area? I recall them "refreshing" (not in terms of stock) with a different name and clothes for no particular reason from time to time, even in the middle of trying to kill one for sandals back in the day.

Ganklord

Re: Meandering Vendors and Delucia Bank

Post by Ganklord »

I Do Remember This. Therefore It Must Be Era Accurate
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

GleepGlop wrote:Ever since the distance patches for vendors it's almost impossible to bank outside in Delucia unless you are on the right side of the building. I honestly never remember this in any era and other banks aren't affected as severely. Unless they are just sitting in the back of the bank whenever I go there

As far as vendors go, why do some of them leave their shops and not others? The trinsic mages are constantly stuck outside the building and it just takes a single character next to the lamp post to ensure they will stay there for good. I really doubt OSI would have kept it in a way for it to happen so easily or had them being in near constant motion as they are here.

Didn't all vendors from time to time 'bounce' back to their original positions in era when they get stuck or somehow leave their designated area? I recall them "refreshing" (not in terms of stock) with a different name and clothes for no particular reason from time to time, even in the middle of trying to kill one for sandals back in the day.
I would go to artists in Occlo and say, "Vendor Move" until they were out of town guards. I would then kill them for their paint brushes. If I got bored or failed to kill them for whatever reason they would just wander around outside of town not bouncing back. Now people did kill the bankers at times and other vendors as well.

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

Akanigit wrote:
GleepGlop wrote:Ever since the distance patches for vendors it's almost impossible to bank outside in Delucia unless you are on the right side of the building. I honestly never remember this in any era and other banks aren't affected as severely. Unless they are just sitting in the back of the bank whenever I go there

I would go to artists in Occlo and say, "Vendor Move" until they were out of town guards. I would then kill them for their paint brushes. If I got bored or failed to kill them for whatever reason they would just wander around outside of town not bouncing back. Now people did kill the bankers at times and other vendors as well.

These Should Be Bannable Exploits.
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

I did that on OSI. Never got in any sort of trouble for it either. Also killing the banker or the vendor at a Mage shop was some people's favorite past time.

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

Akanigit wrote:I did that on OSI. Never got in any sort of trouble for it either. Also killing the banker or the vendor at a Mage shop was some people's favorite past time.
Image GIFSoup