best way for broke noob to raise str/dex ?

Topics related to Second Age
Velgamog

best way for broke noob to raise str/dex ?

Post by Velgamog »

hi alls.... i just got back into the game and dont have much to my name. i plan to be a fencing pvper....what is the best way to raise my str/dex and combat skills to max ? thx for the help

Cousteau Calypso

Re: best way for broke noob to raise str/dex ?

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

If you cant afford my method which takes about 6k, I would suggest finding another person in the same boat as you and spar with them. Or join the [NEW] guild. They help new folks get on their feet and get established in a world where it can be tough to do so.

The way I train my stats is by going around and training up random skills by paying the NPCs to teach you. First I grab the skills I am going to use while actively playing. Then I just buy random skills. I do this to quickly reach my skill cap of 700.0 with little effort and only paying 6k at the most.

Make sure to leave 2 skills at 0.0 that you are going to use for whatever stat you are raising. For Str and Dex, I like to use 2 fighting skills like wrestling and fencing. You start as a newb with a dagger in your bag to use. Some swear by using camping and that it raises all your stats. But that requires gathering kindling. I just like to go to a training dummy and macro attacking it.

I lock all my skills then I set one I am training stats with to raise, and a random one to lower. When I start my macro, my training skill immediately begins to raise and the other starts to lower. Once I reach about 10.0 in my first training skill, I set it to lower, lock the random skill, and set my second training skill to raise and switch weapons allowing my macro to continue beating on the dummy. Then I just See-Saw my two training skills 10.0 points at a time gaining tons of skill points in a short amount of time which seems to stimulate stat gains.
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Alternatively, go buy a shephard's crook for about 35gps, and macro herding. Should max out STR and leave you close to max DEX overnight. Use camping all the way to 100 on both. If you want a faster way to DEX then use snooping.

For weapon skills, hire a paladin at delucia and just whack at him. Check out the "guides" and "Archive - New player, faq's" section of the forums for further information on how to do this.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

can I raise STR by herding the same sheep around ? I dont seem to be gaining much by repeatedly doing this

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Velgamog wrote:can I raise STR by herding the same sheep around ? I dont seem to be gaining much by repeatedly doing this
Whenever I start a new char, I buy up all random stats like a previous poster mentioned, then use a herding macro to finish the stats. Make a macro that does Target Nearest Grey and stand in the middle of a stable.

Also, STR raises the fastest, followed by DEX then INT. If you need high INT, starting out with INT at 60 will save you a long time.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

If I'm just trying to raise STR/DEX and not any particular skills, I prefer macro'ing Arms Lore for Strength and Snooping for Dexterity. If I need a few more Strength points, Mining works very quickly.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Skill lock your char, use herding gridlocked at zero pointing up.

Spend the 5k to raise random skills to get skill locked, time is money.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS