Vendor stock depletion accurate?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Excretious
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Vendor stock depletion accurate?

Post by Excretious »

Hi, i wanted to know if anyone could verify the current depletion rate. If you spend a couple days working up the vendor stock but miss out one hour, it currently goes to default which is like 20 or something. Extremely brutal IMO.....

The way i remember it was say you had a vendor at the 999 max and no one purchased from him the next hour, his stock would get halved with each hour that he wasnt bought out.

This is the way i remembered it, but that was a long time ago so i could be wrong. What do you guys remember?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Vendor stock depletion accurate?

Post by Kaivan »

Until the change to restock timers in mid-UOR, if a vendor was not bought out before the next restock period, they would reset to their default values. The UOR change brought about faster restock times and slower reset times on stock.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Tesentoavara

Post by Tesentoavara »

hi

im new to forum, but old UO player (since 98). And played on OSI Chesa

I remember T2A most vendors had 999 regs.....

never found one here

:(

Faust

Post by Faust »

Where is the info for this Kaivan?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This comes directly from the demo itself.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Kaivan wrote:This comes directly from the demo itself.
With all due respect, I have a question. Wasn't the "demo" pre-t2a, era-wise?
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

This is actually one of the few things that I really kind of rub me the wrong way for just leaving what was in the demo in. Where can we see the UOR patch notes that changed it, and can we be sure this was the way it actually worked? Is it possible that it might have been changed between the demo release and our cut off date?

I mean, other things like the LOS issue, sure it sucks, but the evidence is rock solid. There's a lot of player's memories here about how vendors worked, and saying it comes from the demo...I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. But as I undersatnd there can still be differences from the demo to the actual thing. Not positive if it was the case in UO, but I know for a fact it is like that in other industries.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Guerrilla wrote:
Kaivan wrote:This comes directly from the demo itself.
With all due respect, I have a question. Wasn't the "demo" pre-t2a, era-wise?
It is, but we have no evidence that there was a change to vendor restock timers after that point. To use another example, we have a delay of 1 second after an energy bolt is targeted before the damage is actually done. The same question could be applied here, yet there is no reason to suspect that a change has occurred.
Pirul wrote:This is actually one of the few things that I really kind of rub me the wrong way for just leaving what was in the demo in. Where can we see the UOR patch notes that changed it, and can we be sure this was the way it actually worked? Is it possible that it might have been changed between the demo release and our cut off date?

I mean, other things like the LOS issue, sure it sucks, but the evidence is rock solid. There's a lot of player's memories here about how vendors worked, and saying it comes from the demo...I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. But as I undersatnd there can still be differences from the demo to the actual thing. Not positive if it was the case in UO, but I know for a fact it is like that in other industries.
I certainly understand the notion that something might have changed after the demo, but we need evidence that it was changed. Without any evidence, we cannot jump to the conclusion that it was changed and make our own changes as a result. If we did things this way, the example of the energy bolt that I gave above could, in theory, be anything we wanted it to be if we took that position.

To your question regarding the UOR patch notes, here is where the vendor restock changes were made. As for some evidence other than the demo, this post made by a poster named Patrick Fisher corroborates the restock algorithm found in the demo at the beginning of UOR.