Thieves defending themselves

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Thieves defending themselves

Post by Kaivan »

This mechanic was changed as part of the Thieves Guild in February 1999.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Sigh.. why are all the cool things like a few months before our server time frame =p
[broken image]

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Derrick wrote:There is an issue that was found, which will be fixed in next publish, that if you attack a thieves guild member who has a perma-grey flag to reveal that flag, and then break off the fight, he will appear blue to you again after two minutes, which is not correct. He should remain grey until he dies in this case.

Not to Rez and old story, but this quoted above has not been rectified.

I have, as of late, gotten "whacked" by someone that my thief stole from weeks ago. He killed me in town with impunity; however, I have died MANY times since I originally stole from this person - shouldn't the "perma-grey" be only a misnomer, and not actually be Permanent Grey - and worn off already?

Please help... very confused

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You are perma to everybody, not just to the person you stole from. So you stole from A yesterday, died, then stole from B, you are now perma to everyone, not just B. A can then come and kill you.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

.... the haze is beginning to clear.

Now.... is this only for innocents I have stolen from/those with forensic eval "revealing" me that I appear grey to? Or everyone?

It can't be "everyone"....... can it?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

keelonzo wrote:.... the haze is beginning to clear.

Now.... is this only for innocents I have stolen from/those with forensic eval "revealing" me that I appear grey to? Or everyone?

It can't be "everyone"....... can it?
When you steal from an innocent person you might turn grey to that person. But you will be perma grey to everyone. Anyone who attacks you will cause you to turn grey only to them. So you appear blue to anyone who doesn't know you you are perma. When you die, this perma status is gone and you are back to normal. You can't ever give a murder count while in the thieves guild. Also, forensic eval should only tell someone whether or not you are in the thieves guild, which would only tell them they could kill you outside of town without getting a murder count. It does not tell them if you are perma so they can't be sure that they can attack you in town without getting guardwhacked.

They often "test" your perma status by trying to steal from you. Since, someone not in the thieves guild can still steal from non-blues. So people try to steal from you and if it lets them attempt it then you are perma. If you are not perma it will tell them "you must be in the thieves guild to..." or something.

You are basically going to always be perma. When I log in to play I have no idea if I am perma or not, and really it makes no difference. Just never let anyone get near you that might suspect you are a thief or might be able to kill you, and you will be a-ok.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Ok. Thank you. That helps alot.

I tried to steal from myself but was unable to - I think I am just perma-grey to those people I stole from. Is that a correct assumption?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I honestly didn't read your situation. But, if you were happily in town while blue, and someone started attacking you;

a.) It was someone you previously stole from and you flag grey to them (until you die to clear the flag)

b.) They used stealing on you while on a character that was not a member of the thieves guild and did not get the "you must be in the thieves guild to..." message. Then they deduced you were perma and attacked you.

c.) They used forensics on you to find you were in the thieves guild, then they attacked you taking a 50/50 risk. You might have been non-perma and then they would have been guardwhacked, or you were perma and you then turned grey to them.

You might be in a guild that is at war with someone, or you are order/chaos too, I don't know.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

That cleared it up!

Thanks - it was a combination of a. and something else, but I found myself with a B&W TV running to the healers before I could inquire - although the exclamation of "He's Perma Everyone!! Loook! blahblah leet pvperhmerhgerd!" was the reason for my original query.

much appreciation!

I R NEW GLD!