ore piles... combining

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ke6960

ore piles... combining

Post by ke6960 »

the issue i see that is wrong is that when you combine 2 ore piles it automatically converts to the largest pile possible not the smallest.... it should be the other way because it used to be that when people locked ore down in their house you could steal it by clicking a small pile and then targeting the locked down ore and it would go to the smaller pile always (the smallest pile (not in number but small(1/2ingots worth) med(1ingot worth) big(2 ingots worth))

this is actually 2 issues the size and direction

what i mean is if you have 2 small ore in a pile and you double click it and target one large ore pile it will combine all into 3 med ore in a pile and place it where the large one was and it should make them 6 small and place it where the smalls were originally

my proof is that sometime after uo:r they patched it as a bug so you could no longer take peoples locked down ore

edit: i would like to clarify that the reason for posting is not to steal from peoples homes but that when mining the smaller ore piles weigh less for the same amount of ore i stated the bug for the proof
Last edited by ke6960 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: ore piles... combining

Post by Light Shade »

ke6960 wrote:the issue i see that is wrong is that when you combine 2 ore piles it automatically converts to the largest pile possible not the smallest.... it should be the other way because it used to be that when people locked ore down in their house you could steal it by clicking a small pile and then targeting the locked down ore and it would go to the smaller pile always (the smallest pile (not in number but small(1/2ingots worth) med(1ingot worth) big(2 ingots worth))

my proof is that sometime after uo:r they patched it as a bug so you could no longer take peoples locked down ore

edit: i would like to clarify that the reason for posting is not to steal from peoples homes but that when mining the smaller ore piles weigh less for the same amount of ore i stated the bug for the proof
You can combine them into smaller piles, currently, on this server. Just try combining them in a different order.

I have verified this within the past week.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

ke6960

Post by ke6960 »

Light Shade wrote:
ke6960 wrote:the issue i see that is wrong is that when you combine 2 ore piles it automatically converts to the largest pile possible not the smallest.... it should be the other way because it used to be that when people locked ore down in their house you could steal it by clicking a small pile and then targeting the locked down ore and it would go to the smaller pile always (the smallest pile (not in number but small(1/2ingots worth) med(1ingot worth) big(2 ingots worth))

You can combine them into smaller piles, currently, on this server. Just try combining them in a different order.

I have verified this within the past week.

i understand and do select one and combine all to the small size while i mine and i don't expect this to be fixed i just wanted to make sure people were aware of it in case they ran out of important things to fix

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

hmm this is something i have not tried since the boat item "fix" (not mad just bitter)

but back when i used to do this, whatever was the smallest ore pile involved in the combination was the resulting size of the combined pile (at the location of the dclicked pile)

if this has somehow changed then i would consider it a bug.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor