Creating a Dexxer/Warrior?

Topics related to Second Age
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Creating a Dexxer/Warrior?

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Might as well make 90 healing 80 anatomy on that. Maybe even drop Archery to 90 for GM healing. Unless you want your hits to count more then your bandages. You can push past 100 Archery with Magic Bows easy.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Last edited by Mad Max on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mad Max wrote:
Hildigam wrote:I have a character I'm working on, and is close to being done, that is:

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Resist
100 Archery
85 Healing
85 Anatomy
80 Hiding
50 Magery

This allows me to hunt most monsters in PvM (Archery opens up Poison Elementals and others) while still being fairly strong in PvP. My first character had Hiding to get away from PKs and the like and I've found it can be used quite effectively on offense as well. 85 Healing and 85 Anatomy is enough to resurrect and gives your attacks a bit more stopping power. 50 Magery is enough to get around and I keep a few scrolls on me for times when I absolutely need to get the recall off.

It's a fun build and wasn't very hard or expensive to develop. Archery and Resist aren't quite GM yet on my character, but they're close.
You need to consider dropping 15 magery and GMing anatomy. As you know anatomy will go towards damage as well as healing. On one of my old pvp dexxer templates I use to just run around with 78 healing just so I could res because my template was so precise. So yeah you can get by with the 85 healing for sure but I suggest you gm anatomy to get the max melee damage, and also helps with the healing. With 35 magery you'll have 100% chance success with recall scrolls and open to use mark scrolls, reflect scrolls etc. And if you wanted to boost hiding to 90 you could drop healing to 80 and magery to 30. I don't know why but 80 hiding would never sit right with me, I would either want to raise it higher or drop it by 20 or something and put those points into anatomy/healing. If your using hiding for pk protection its just if you fail that hide with 80 hiding your giving the pk more time to kill you. So you either raise hiding to help make sure you succeed or you drop it and go for more survivability(healing/anatomy). Just something to think a bout, at any rate I would suggest GMing anatomy regardless.
You need healing over anatomy if you have to sacrifice one of the two. Check the stratics healing tables.

Don't drop healing to boost hiding, you don't need that much to hide, and realistically, the 8 tile dist between an attacker and you at GM hiding and still being able to hide, just is not going to happen. You almost always need to break LOS anyway.

Don't use hiding as PK protection. They will just purple potion you if they see you. Any good pk will have some tracking anyway.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Lowered healing increases the chance that you fail the bandage. Which is far worse than the "slightly less" healing power that would occur without anatomy. However, that is not the case either. The healing skill itself increases the damage you can heal more than anatomy, it's best to go with healing if you have to sacrifice one. The weapon damage bonus you get from anatomy is insignificant compared to the ability to not die that you get from healing.

Must be some horrible pk's that you have encountered, if you were able to escape by hiding while they are on screen. If they cast reveal and you cast recall, they are just going to arm and hally-whack you, and without wrestling, you are screwed. They should use something like meteor or a purple potion when you play your little hidey-game.

Hiding can be good, if you hide before your position is given away, but a pk will usually notice the corpses of whatever silly monsters you are farming, or better, have been tracking you for a few screens already. It's fine if you don't care what stratics says, but at least give good advice.

Hide+Stealth is a godsend however. Invis item + stealth can get you out of many situations, but it takes a certain finesse to pull it off successfully.

If you play with this template:

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Resist
100 Archery
85 Healing
85 Anatomy
80 Hiding
50 Magery

You are going to be a crappy warrior, a poor healer, a so-so hider, and mage incapable of recall or heal. It's almost like asking to die. Once weapon damage is nerfed, archery will again be useless. You are better off tossing 70 into wrestle, and the other points into a usable heal/anatomy ratio.

Check out this link for some tips on how to get away.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24961
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I agree with Matron on this. Hiding is no skill to get away by itself.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Last edited by Mad Max on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

I was actually victim of the exploding potion vs. my Hiding (GM) skill not too long ago, but if I had been thinking a little bit faster I am certain that my GM Stealth would have saved me there. This was not a traditional Dexxer/Warrior type character I was using at the time though, so a little OT I think.

Anyway, this thread I think shows that there are several different philosophies, not one of them 100 percent right or wrong for everyone, but tailored toward playing styles, and to some degree the anticipation of/looking for PvP vs. PvM, etc...
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

85 Archery
75 Magery
GM Fencing
GM Tactics
GM Healing
80 Anatomy
GM Resist
60 Meditation

95 str
70 dex
60 intelligence

would be a med warrior variant, and an excuse to wear articles of leather sometimes...what are you missing out on maybe 5-6 percent of max damage?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

jimi.hendrix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by jimi.hendrix »

new comers should not take notes on archaic posts... this guy is crazy...
<SPANKY> I wanted a damn xplo pot to hit a blue
<SPANKY> so fricken bad.
<SPANKY> i wouldve rofl coptered to trammel.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Nice insanity bump
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS