Mount fatigue

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Equality

Mount fatigue

Post by Equality »

Whats going on? I remember being able to run from minoc to britain without having to stop. On this server now I can't run from britain moongate to the bank without my mount being fatigued.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Mount fatigue

Post by mrbojangles »

Dismount your horse, say "all follow me", remount. Your mount's stamina is refreshed.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

You do still need to feed your horse occasionally. So it won't leave, but the post above mine is right.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

GuardianKnight wrote:You do still need to feed your horse occasionally. So it won't leave, but the post above mine is right.
FALSE!!

I have NEVER fed a horse here and they have never left, even macroing a char for a week straight on a horse it did not leave!

Stop spreading your lies and go cut up some more 4th of July hats...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I macro'd while on a horse for a full day, one time. It was untame and walking around my castle.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

I agree with mount stamina being too low, currently.

Equality

Post by Equality »

It's not only me. Several people I've talked to are confused as to why mount fatigue is so low, what's the basis for this?

It's almost as bad as pre pub 16 testing was. Not that it's a huge issue, just curious why and where the info came from.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Subject: Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, Guard
Derrick wrote:
  • Fatigue regeneration for NPC's (monsters, creatures and animals) has been found to be incorrect and is adjusted. This substantially impacts the fatigue range of mounts. (thread)
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

At full tilt, you get about 60 seconds of running out of a standard horse/llama. Frenzied Ostards and Nightmares have a significantly larger stamina pool, and as such, can run a lot more before fatigue (I have yet to test the actual non-stop run range of either of these, but have horses and llamas).

In any regard, with normal mounts, simply dismounting and telling the creature to follow, completely fills its stamina. This has been proven to be specifically clear in the code, the snippet of which Kaivan provided in some other thread, if I recall correctly.

This is all entirely era-accurate, as the evidence suggests.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Blaise wrote:At full tilt, you get about 60 seconds of running out of a standard horse/llama. Frenzied Ostards and Nightmares have a significantly larger stamina pools..
I thought mares were the same as horses/llamas?
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Freight Elevator wrote:
Blaise wrote:At full tilt, you get about 60 seconds of running out of a standard horse/llama. Frenzied Ostards and Nightmares have a significantly larger stamina pools..
I thought mares were the same as horses/llamas?
Nope. PKs don't just ride them because they look cool. This is why Frenzied Ostards that you can't really control without taming, still sell well. You can get friended to them and have a significant advantage in the chase.

Oh yeah, riding those without taming is also NEA, please remove for the sake of accuracy.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Blaise wrote: Nope. PKs don't just ride them because they look cool. This is why Frenzied Ostards that you can't really control without taming, still sell well. You can get friended to them and have a significant advantage in the chase.

Oh yeah, riding those without taming is also NEA, please remove for the sake of accuracy.
I'm just talking mares. I realize frenzied ostards have a lot more stam, but when I'm fighting on an ostard and my buddy is on his mare he is constantly having to refresh his stam while I rarely do.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Freight Elevator wrote:
Blaise wrote: Nope. PKs don't just ride them because they look cool. This is why Frenzied Ostards that you can't really control without taming, still sell well. You can get friended to them and have a significant advantage in the chase.

I'm just talking mares. I realize frenzied ostards have a lot more stam, but when I'm fighting on an ostard and my buddy is on his mare he is constantly having to refresh his stam while I rarely do.
That could be as well. As indicated, I have never done a distance/time running test on either. I just know that it's more.
Est Sularus oth Mithas