Newbied Keys - Are they still obtainable?

Topics related to Second Age
Skrypt

Newbied Keys - Are they still obtainable?

Post by Skrypt »

I have yet to get a definitive answer on this, most people just say "idk, maybe"

I have farmed about 50 newbie chars with tinkering selected and have yet to get the elusive key.

I'm just looking for a "yes you can get it, its just extremely rare" or a "no, it doesn't spawn on newbies anymore"

Thanks.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Newbied Keys - Are they still obtainable?

Post by Blaise »

Unless you find something in patch notes indicating otherwise, these can still be had. It's on the order of 1:1000 I'd guess because there's people out there making new tinkers every week and you see the keys pop up every so often for sale.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I lucked out with 2 over the last 2+ years but I don't actively make tinkers just for this reasons. When I used to make characters I would throw in 1 point in tinkering and hope for the best.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Kriav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kriav »

What use is it? can you make it your key to the house or boat?

AlexCCCP

Post by AlexCCCP »

Kriav wrote:What use is it? can you make it your key to the house or boat?
Bingo
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Kriav wrote:What use is it? can you make it your key to the house or boat?

Yup. You can use a tinker to copy the key to one of your houses (probably a good idea to make a copy of your most used long term house). Since it is a newbie key you can die with it and it will stay on your body. This way you don't need to double click on locked down keys at your door, you can just run in and it opens and locks automatically, just quickly close the door behind you.

Be careful after making a copy. Once after a wee bit of drinking I decided to change the name of my tower but accidentally selected change house keys in the options. Newbie key useless and I felt pretty dumb lol. Moral is don't drink and UO.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠