Cleanup Brittania Rehashing

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Naunet

Cleanup Brittania Rehashing

Post by Naunet »

I have been reading a lot of old forum threads, reading a lot of archive threads, just to get some understanding of this concept. A lot of players, here, are saying it won't happen again as people horde and that is the nature of the beast here, people do horde. They also say, knowing when a CUB is about to happen they go crazy and make up many many items to use in this event. I don't see many solutions preventing these players doing this, unless there was a way to ascertain item age and restrict anything under a set age date or reduce made items to be used to a defined number eg 100 ? Another was the allocation of points given to items. I read one thread where Heating stands received huge amount of points, whether by design or error, it sounds like the process may not have gone off without a hitch.

Regardless of all this, my question or suggestion is whether this will be looked at again? The item count is steadily climbing and if this CUB event was back surely it would be only a good thing? Yes, I realise there are people out there who just can't help themselves and abuse a process, yet the lessons learned from the first time around could be applied to make it more successful. Even just announce it as it is implented so no preparation can be done.

Anyhows, I was just wondering about it and would hope it may be reintroduced some day.

N

Faust

Re: Cleanup Brittania Rehashing

Post by Faust »

Use a new clean up Brit event based soley on the consumption of gold. The idea is a win win concept creating a gold sink and disposal of stored items that would be sold for gold. Would be no era accuracy arguments and would stick to the staff's statement of not bringing back the original era accurate event.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Not. Going. To. Happen.

If you re-read those threads talking about CUB, admin has been extraordinarily clear that it won't happen again.

And I don't get Faust's idea. What do you mean a CUB gold sink? As in having to pay for someone to take your stuff?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Faust

Post by Faust »

The original Clean up Brit allowed you to dispose specific items IE: weapons, armor, etc... exluding stackable items such as gold and regs. My idea is to soley use gold for such an event to accumilate points instead. This could be under he guise of a new staff ran UOSA event structuring it specificly for a gold sink. This would dispose of not only gold but useless junk that would be sold for gold. Gold would be the only type of disposable item for the clean up event to gain points.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

They have done it before in the form of specialty vendors selling neon hair and beard dyes and name change deeds. ie. viewtopic.php?f=74&t=40010
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Pirul wrote:Not. Going. To. Happen.
This.
We need a FAQ. On that FAQ, it needs to say "No CUB ever again. No modified CUBs either no matter how brilliant you think your idea is... it's not."
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Corbin wrote:
Pirul wrote:Not. Going. To. Happen.
This.
We need a FAQ. On that FAQ, it needs to say "No CUB ever again. No modified CUBs either no matter how brilliant you think your idea is... it's not."
CUB WIPE!!!!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

What about having the gold be used to buy lottery/raffle tickets? At the end of the event winners are chosen for previously un-named prizes. I wasn't a big fan of the idea of selling rare items directly to players for gold, a raffle would allow poorer players to have a chance of winning and would allow richer players to throw away lots of money without the guarantee of receiving an item that could be immediately turned into cash.

But honestly, I really don't see any short-time event being able to remove enough gold from the system to have any real effect.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

We need a Legend of Zelda style "Let's Play Money Making Game" or even better, the Money Making Game from Kingdom of Loathing.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Just skip all that and have staff just give up stuff.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

GuardianKnight wrote:Just skip all that and have staff just give up stuff again.
Fixed that for ya buddy.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Wonko the Sane wrote:We need a Legend of Zelda style "Let's Play Money Making Game" or even better, the Money Making Game from Kingdom of Loathing.

I do wish i had more ways to waste gold. No joke. sometimes buying rares and semi-rares is just blah. I'd like to have an archery or dart board contest! what about beating a level 80 warlock chessmaster?

seriously though, the most satisfaction i've had spending my gold is supporting Paws and selling 'Fool's Gold' and other random expenditures.

- Jupiter the Grey

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Jupiter wrote:
Wonko the Sane wrote:We need a Legend of Zelda style "Let's Play Money Making Game" or even better, the Money Making Game from Kingdom of Loathing.

I do wish i had more ways to waste gold. No joke. sometimes buying rares and semi-rares is just blah. I'd like to have an archery or dart board contest! what about beating a level 80 warlock chessmaster?

seriously though, the most satisfaction i've had spending my gold is supporting Paws and selling 'Fool's Gold' and other random expenditures.

- Jupiter the Grey
boards.jpg
boards.jpg (94.36 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
At one point I had 900k boards just from buying them from new players trying to make gold. I find it's better than just giving away gold. At least the new player can get "value" from the gold vs a free hand-out which won't keep them as invested in the shard should they decide to think about leaving.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins