Looking for a crew.

Topics related to Second Age
Mr.CandyMan

Looking for a crew.

Post by Mr.CandyMan »

Hail all you good citizens of UOSA!

I played here a looong time ago with my brothers, but unfortunately lost all my account names and passwords.

Sooo, I'm starting all over. My brothers are not interested in playing at the moment, so I am looking for a cool group/guild to join. I am not totally new to the era, but I am def a little rusty, so of course I will have lots of questions.

One of those questions right off the bat is, "Do sheep respawn faster than there wool grows back?"

If your guild has got a spot open leave me a PM, and I hope to see you all in game soon.

Thanks you :D

Vavara

Re: Looking for a crew.

Post by Vavara »

Killing them and waiting for a respawn in quicker than just waiting for the wool to regrow ... but taming them is better, they respawn as if they were killed but the originals still get to live and regrow wool.

Elph

Post by Elph »

Vavara wrote:Killing them and waiting for a respawn in quicker than just waiting for the wool to regrow ... but taming them is better, they respawn as if they were killed but the originals still get to live and regrow wool.
Killing them produces less usable wool.

Mr.CandyMan

Post by Mr.CandyMan »

If you shear them, you get 2 clean wool.

If you kill and shear them, you get 3 bloody wool.

Both are totally usable :D

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

As someone who made their fortune from this type of activity I would say the best way to do this is tame the sheep and take them out of the pen.

Pick an area near all 3 sheep pens in yew and keep leading the sheep there and saying "all stay".

Within a few hours you will have 50+ sheep and enough wool to macro overnight.

If you want, I can friend you to a small I have near the area. I don't have time to play and it just standing there. I'll make a new set of keys and you can keep both as long as you're using the house.

Not much value to the house but I refuse to sell as it was an idoc I found, camped and replaced so I am emotionally attached lol.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Make sure you have the appropriate permit for any sheep husbandry.

Spank

Post by Spank »

I was a sheeps husband once, but then I sobered up and realized that it wouldnt work out. We didnt have anything in common and we never communcated.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

WiseOne wrote:Within a few hours you will have 50+ sheep and enough wool to macro overnight.
Except that is considered unattended resource gathering and will get you jailed or banned.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

GoldMember

Post by GoldMember »

Macroing overnight isn't illegal. He never mentioned anything about leaving the computer "unattended"
You must be a cheater. With your dirty cheaters mind. I bet you were AFK when you posted that.
liinniejj wrote:Goldmember just simply loves being a jackass and that has gotten him no good so far as you can see ;)

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

I think he's saying you can get a large number of sheep and continue getting wool so that you could macro fighting skills/magery/resist/whatever overnight, not continue sheering overnight.

If you gather 20-30 sheep then the wool continues to respawn on them as new sheep respawn and you get a lot more wool.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

What I meant was enough wool to macro overnight into cloth and/or bandages. Selling bulk bandages is a great way of generating gold for skill training and eventual real estate purchase when one is just staring out.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Elph

Post by Elph »

Mr.CandyMan wrote:If you shear them, you get 2 clean wool.

If you kill and shear them, you get 3 bloody wool.

Both are totally usable :D
Bloody wool produces less yarn.