Offensive names can be reported right?

Topics related to Second Age
Wonko the Sane

Re: Offensive names can be reported right?

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Oddly enough, you cannot create a new character named "The Swedish Chef" but you can create one named "The American Idiot".

Elph

Post by Elph »

"Please think of the children!!!"

Yeah like they didn't hear their parents swear or hear it on some form of mass media. How many kids grow up in a Norman Rockwell painting nowadays?

I can say I was irreparably damaged from watching South Park at 10 years old, hiding my laughter in a pillow so my parents wouldn't find out.

Acting like cursing is a horrible thing is similar to hiding the fact that you poop.

Tyrese Jackson

Post by Tyrese Jackson »

Elph wrote:
Acting like cursing is a horrible thing is similar to hiding the fact that you poop.
I dont think cursing or pooping is "horrible", but there is a time and a place for everything, and in public is not a place I do either of these things :P

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Cursing is one thing, racial slurs are a whole 'nother level.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Very few players demonstrate any class when creating characters on this server. I am not sure why they seem to also often times display aggression based on race and sexuality in an imaginary world of pixels. I am only entirely sure its psychological.

There are a lot of racist names and sometimes I am also offended by guild titles too or grossed out.
V is for vibrator !V! or I pee in butts ACE.

However, most often I am generally just simply completely uninspired by other players cheaply made UO chars INCLUDING their names.

My character names - Taboo, Faux Pas, Avant Garde, Cliche', Thing One, Thing Two, Goblin, Macabre, Pixels, Harajuku, Wednesday, Vodka, Stigma, Plato

My guild titles vary and the only one that could possibly be considered offensive is Faux Pas' Bubblegum B!tch. The reason I gave that title to her is because I run off other players wanting to farm and I have been called on her a "stupid bitch" a lot. ...She's also the color of neon bubblegums which is a strong contrast to the pure black mare she rides. I would change it if it ever became an issue.

Decency is at an all time low and anything goes. womp womp.

Kudos to Derrick for handing out Name Change Deeds this year, there are a lot of stupid ones out there. Seen WBB lately?

I am sure no one cares and I am also sure nothing will change BUT thats my 2 cents. :roll:

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Taboo wrote:Very few players demonstrate any class when creating characters on this server. I am not sure why they seem to also often times display aggression based on race and sexuality in an imaginary world of pixels. I am only entirely sure its psychological.

There are a lot of racist names and sometimes I am also offended by guild titles too or grossed out.
V is for vibrator !V! or I pee in butts ACE.

However, most often I am generally just simply completely uninspired by other players cheaply made UO chars INCLUDING their names.

My character names - Taboo, Faux Pas, Avant Garde, Cliche', Thing One, Thing Two, Goblin, Macabre, Pixels, Harajuku, Wednesday, Vodka, Stigma, Plato

My guild titles vary and the only one that could possibly be considered offensive is Faux Pas' Bubblegum B!tch. The reason I gave that title to her is because I run off other players wanting to farm and I have been called on her a "stupid bitch" a lot. ...She's also the color of neon bubblegums which is a strong contrast to the pure black mare she rides. I would change it if it ever became an issue.

Decency is at an all time low and anything goes. womp womp.

Kudos to Derrick for handing out Name Change Deeds this year, there are a lot of stupid ones out there. Seen WBB lately?

I am sure no one cares and I am also sure nothing will change BUT thats my 2 cents. :roll:
this.

This is why I regularly question playing UOSA or any freeshard for that matter. While I thoroughly enjoy the company of people I have met I often find myself walking through town and thinking "really? I've come to this?"

I feel like in order to feed a sad sorry addiction I have to wallow in the mire of these clearly 30+ year old reprobates. I'd like to pretend that these folks are pubescent young boys struggling to find their sexual identities, but the truth is they are mostly the aforementioned cohort. Does this sound prudish? Yes. But it will only be offensive to those who offend the world by use of their foul names and completely intolerant state of mind.

The claim could be made "i'm just RP'ing a bad dude, and bad dudes are usually really vulgar." To this I say, you are not Role Playing at all. Wake up, look at yourself and accept the truth: You are a sick sad little person. No matter what your reason for creating such reprehensible names, the base reason is that you have rot inside you that actually enjoys such behavior.

There are two categories of evil: Intentional and demented. The intentional evil folk are in fact to be feared more than those who are demented, because they possess rational thought and strategically plan their evil motives. The demented folk just sit in their own piss and think "This is fun, I wonder if I could dance in somebody's skin." The majority of the foul minded people and those with the names in discussion fall with a complete majority into the second category.

(the sad part about this rant is that most of those to whom it applies probably won't comprehend it, and to those that do, they'll probably just catch my comment about dancing in their own waste, laugh, and then go try and do that.)

/rant

Blaine the Gypsy

Post by Blaine the Gypsy »

Jupiter wrote: clearly 30+ year old reprobates
/rant
My summary of a great rant.
UOSA: Village of Paws - Gypsy Tribe of Spirituality - "Ignavus"
UO: LS guilds [Red] [Rx2] [OMEN] HC member/co-creator
Drach wGt Gypsy Village

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Wonko the sane said:
Oddly enough, you cannot create a new character named "The Swedish Chef" but you can create one named "The American Idiot".
+1
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit